VIR South Monday 8/1

bmart

Control Rider
You guys know that this is my favorite track! A lot of riders have been only to the North Course, so I've reposted a few links here for familiarization to the South Course as the date gets closer. :)

Prior post with a lot of info.

Some video:

A guy zipping around running 1:20s maxing out at 150MPH...consistently.
I was there but I'm not in that one.

Some fun laps on my old R6 (blue with yellow tail light stickers). Unfortunately, a guy crashes near the end. He was catching me on power, and I was killing him on the brakes, both running ~1:13s!

If Dave likes it, it has to be good! "I had a blast. The course is challenging. It's definitely more of a workout than CMP. It took me a bit and some pointers from Ron to get better in the "corkscrew" or whatever it's called and the final section. 11/10 would ride it again, especially under the same set of circumstances." Eric and Karen seem to enjoy it quite a bit also!

A few videos from last year's spring event.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone!

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Oh I’m amped up, Brad!
I just ran Patriot this last weekend with Evolve and remembered how much I love the downhill section of South. Was doing consistent 58-59sec laps.

Im really excited to ride South again. It’s been over a year.

Riding CMP this weekend, then it’s back to VIR. :)

Here’s a clip from Patriot.
Give it to second lap before getting to pace.

bmart

Control Rider
That looks like a hoot! I love that place. I can probably find you some time at Patriot if you want to talk about lines there when we're at South.

jsin38

I love VIR South. I think it would make a great short track venue similar to the circuits used in BSB.

Brad, your write up is so well done in describing this place. It's funny that from a spectator standpoint in the paddock you can see almost all of the track but, from a rider's perspective, there's a seemingly endless supply of blind entries and exits.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
I love VIR South. I think it would make a great short track venue similar to the circuits used in BSB.

Brad, your write up is so well done in describing this place. It's funny that from a spectator standpoint in the paddock you can see almost all of the track but, from a rider's perspective, there's a seemingly endless supply of blind entries and exits.
I’m re-reading the post about South and had a good laugh at this part: “Everyone hates turn 5. Accept it.”

So true. I’ve screwed up this turn more times than the rest of them. This is an area I plan on working on most come Monday.

bmart

Control Rider
Stoked for Monday. If weather allows, I may do a track walk Sunday after I unload. Monday weather continues to look good, especially for this time of year! WOOT!

Queue jaws music...

JON_3295sm.jpg

Donkadillapig

Hey guys, sorry for the last minute post/question. Just in case anyone should see this... is there a specific time on Sunday on or after which we are allowed to arrive at VIR?

jsin38

I know this answer is late but better than never. Something called VIR Club looks to have the Full Circuit booked until close on 7/31. That may mean that you won't be allowed in until after 1700.

Here's the calendar for VIR in case it's needed for future reference: https://virnow.com/track/calendar/

I'll be arriving tomorrow morning for another dose of South. Hoping to make consistent lines through the Fish Hook (T5) and Oak Tree (T8-T9).

Capndar

Great (but freakin’ hot) day today at VIR. Good folks from N2 and all the participants and coaches. Hope the guys (gals?) who went off course and their bikes are ok

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Great time as always with you guys. Already looking forward to the next one. :)
Photos are looking sick so far. The first session drizzle shots are majestic. :D

Donkadillapig

Just brilliant!!!! Thank you to the countless people that helped and guided me yesterday.... honestly I've not met a better bunch since earlier wet, sandy and sometimes explosive times in my life!!!
Thank you all.... hope to see some of you again at Summit on 9/9 :)

MK3Brent

Treebeard
And available at….
Here ya go!

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Just brilliant!!!! Thank you to the countless people that helped and guided me yesterday.... honestly I've not met a better bunch since earlier wet, sandy and sometimes explosive times in my life!!!
Thank you all.... hope to see some of you again at Summit on 9/9 :)
Was great to meet you!
Also note that NCBIKE is about an hour's drive from you.
We're riding there this weekend with Evolve GT, then back again the weekend of Sept. 17-18 with N2.
I'll be taking the ATP course that weekend, you should join too. :)

bmart

Control Rider
A few raw videos. I had the camera facing the wrong way all day no matter where I mounted it! Feel free to subscribe or commnete here or on YT.

(Still, I got the post incident red dirt dust cloud, shooting backward, of the poor gal on the grey Gixxer. She asked me to post it here.)

The incident:

MK3Brent

Treebeard
I'll share too.
Still having issues with the fish hook, and apexing oak tree too early sometimes.
Overall doing ~1:23ish times.
Here's a fun battle with our paddock neighbor.

Sorry for the viewing angle...

Graybeal

Hey, I was your paddock neighbor. Sorry if I was holding you up. Thanks for posting that I've never actually seen myself riding. I had a great time. I'm definitely going to make it a point to hit the South course as often as possible. Thanks again to Brad for helping me with the line.