Recent content by Arioch

1. A

2022 events registration

I did the full course at VIR last year. A little big for the SV but still a good time. I will try to get to CMP this year. Thanks.
  2. A

2022 events registration

I have been trying to hit a new track every year for the last few years. I have been to NJ (Tbolt &Ltng), Pitt, NY Safety, VIR, NC Bike, Summit Point (Main & Shen), and Barber. It has been a lot of fun. Where to this year?
  3. A

Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa (SC1) - Front Tire Question

I started using Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa (SC1) tires, with warmers, on an SV650. Stock wheels 120/70 Front, 160/60 Rear. 36 PSI Front, 25 PSI rear. The rear tire visibly wears out (after 3-4 track days) and gets replaced, but the front still looks great, after twice as many track days...
  4. A

New from Washington, DC

Love my SV. You will have a great time. Summit Main is a great track. See you out there.
  5. A

Pittsburgh

Thanks Micah. Unfortunatley, Microtel is not taking reservations. I am thinking New Castle or Cranberry are our closest options. 30 minutes or less in the morning is not too bad.
  6. A

Pittsburgh

Having had such a great time at Summit Point this past weekend, I have decided to head to Pitt Race hoping for more of the same. Who knew October was such a great month for track days? Camping is out of the question this time, as spouse is coming. So where is the nicest/closest/safest spot...
  7. A

What ear plugs do you use?

1. Wet ear canal. 2. Roll up Laser Lite until it is nice an narrow. 3. At the same time you go to insert in ear with one hand, reach behind head with other hand and pull up and back on outer ear. This will open the canal and allow the plug to go in easily. Don't insert too far. Don't try...
  8. A

Best place to stay near NC Bike(Garysburg NC)?

I once communicated this concern to a fellow rider. He looked around at all the expensive motorcycles and gear at the track, and then looked at my stuff. "I think your safe."
  9. A

When will we get to ride again?

Aaaahhllmmm..... Aaaaahhllmmm....Aaahhllmmm... The frustration, fear, sadness, and anger many of us feel won't mean squat when braking into turn one, which will be happening soon enough. In the meantime, do what you have to, I suggest burpees, lots of them.
  10. A

Fairing bodywork Greater Pittsburgh Area

If you can't find someone local, you could reach out to DC Paintworx in Easton, PA and see what he would charge to paint and ship. I would assume he ships regularly. Best of luck.
  11. A

Age Restriction?

https://www.njminigp.com/
  12. A

Best bang for buck generator?

https://www.consumerreports.org/recalls/yamaha-inverter-generator-recall/ Yamaha has recalled 10,100 EF2000iS recreational inverter generators because the fuel tank can leak, posing a fire and burn hazard.
  13. A

Should I upgrade my back protector?

Forcefield Pro L2K Evo works great on the track. It's surprisingly comfortable when crashing. Get the chest protector if you want added protection. If you want to move up from there, I would look at air suits from Dainese or AStars.
  14. A

NJ to Barber

I am driving from Camden County NJ to Barber, leaving early Friday and coming back on Monday. I am taking an SUV pulling a 5x8 open utility trailer. Not looking for gas/tolls, just would like someone to take the wheel for part of the trip so I can sleep, work, read. My wife bailed. I have room...