Recent content by corvettechris

1. corvettechris

Best way to cheap track bike

I agree, that gsxr is a really good deal from the sound of it. The SV is a great cheap track bike. I don't prefer low rpm torque bikes on the track though, I like high hp at the high end like gsxrs.
  2. corvettechris

"early to mid" I meant early to mid 2000's
  3. corvettechris

I think the best deal is going with someone's older race bike. It will already be set up with all the things you need for a track bike and less expensive if you buy one with a salvage title (never intend to ride on the street). Early 2000's SV 650s are very cheap or early-mid GSXR, ZX, (or...
  4. corvettechris

2007 GSXR 600 Track/Race bike

Seems priced a little LOW to me, of course, it may be because I have the same bike. :)
  5. corvettechris

PHOTOS UP FROM VIR! July 31st

Very nice shots. It seems like VIR is one of the more challenging tracks for a photographer. Seems like a limited number of good locations to take pictures.
  6. corvettechris

New to N2, Cumming GA

No, those are for collecting contingency money at trackdays!
  7. corvettechris

Question about brake pads (Not Brand New)

Wow, replace every weekend? Wow, yeah brake pads salesman. Never heard that before! Plenty left on those pads! Oh wait, on second thought, if they fit a GSXR, if you are just going to throw them away, I will "dispose" of them safely for you! :)
  8. corvettechris

New to N2, Cumming GA

To look fast. "If you can't BE good(or fast), LOOK good (fast)!". A drag racer friend of mine taught me that.
  9. corvettechris

Chris new member / first track day

We'll be there too. Been away from the track (on motorcycles) since 2009. Looking forward to VIR even though I am sure it will be HOT. (Wish I had white leathers!)
  10. corvettechris

New to N2, Cumming GA

Looks nice. But... where are your slicks??? :)
  11. corvettechris

VIR Roll Call? Anybody?

I will be there. Arriving in our coach when the gates open tomorrow. I doubt I know anyone in the club these days as I have been out of racing since 2009. I used to race CCS. I have been doing some track days in my car, but finally able to get back to the track on the bike. I used to be a...