Recent content by D52

1. D

ATTN: N2 AIR FENCE FUNDRAISER/POTLUCK @ PITT RACE 9/14-9/15

I'll jump in on this and bring some sweet 'n sour slaw.
  2. D

CMP 9/1

That's unfortunate. That was some good food. I made a last-minute decision to attend CMP last year, so I figured I'd throw something together before I drove down if it was happening again this year. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
  3. D

CMP 9/1

Slight change in subject, anyone know if there's going to be a bbq on Saturday like last year?
  4. D

Trail Braking Blues

All good points. A couple (eyes up, break until comfortable with speed) were mentioned on Friday by multiple riders as well so I've made sure to include them in my approach. With regards to the bike, I have started to make a point about asking the tire rep about pressures when I visit...
  5. D

Trail Braking Blues

Special thanks to Bill for taking time out of his very busy day last week to sit down with me and talk about breaking. He helped to redefine my approach to the skill and it feels like a more manageable problem to solve now. Some additional input from a couple other CRs (sorry can’t remember...
  6. D

Trail Braking Blues

Rob, Sorry for the late response. (It's been a long day.) I completed ATP in 2016 when I first started track days. I do believe you were teaching it! It definitely made me feel more comfortable on the track. I do recall there being some trail braking practice involved, but that portion fell...
  7. D

Trail Braking Blues

Bill, you're apparently the one to talk to! Unfortunately, this evening will not be an option for me as I have a long workday and will not be arriving until morning. Maybe we can find a few minutes during lunch? I appreciate your time! Haha! I've been to enough of these rodeos to see the...
  8. D

Trail Braking Blues

Hey everyone, Short Version of Question: What are the best ways to work on trail braking on the track? Long Version of Question: I feel like I’ve hit a plateau in the middle of the Novice group. I’ve been working on the typical skills of lines and body position and while certainly far...
  9. D

In case you’re wondering...

Looking forward to see what's in store for 2018! If I recall correctly, in 2016, N2 had events (normal track days or TD/race combined) at PittRace during 4 different weekends. 2017 had 5. Does that mean 2018 will have 6? ;)
  10. D

PittRace GoPro

Neat idea! Would be great to see more of this in the future.
  11. D

CMP 9/2 - 9/3... Thanks from Pittsburgh

Red/White (Though I met the guy on the black one... great rider on the track. He got a bump to I if I recall correctly.) This was first time at CMP so learning the track was first priority as it usually takes me awhile to get comfortable. Followed a CR (can't remember who at this point) who...
  12. D

CMP 9/2 - 9/3... Thanks from Pittsburgh

This past weekend was my first visit to CMP and I just wanted to take a moment and thank the N2 staff and fellow members for an excellent time. I pretty much decided Friday morning to make the eight-hour drive from Pittsburgh and I’m definitely glad I did. Kappy ran an excellent weekend and...
  13. D

CMP Roll Call Sep 2/3

That may be part of the reason I don't know him, haha! See yinz down there. :D
  14. D

CMP Roll Call Sep 2/3

@bmart if that is directed to me, I don't know who Les is...
  15. D

CMP Roll Call Sep 2/3

I'll be there. Very-last minute decision and I'll be leaving Pittsburgh in about an hour. First time down there!