Recent content by DethWshBkr

1. DethWshBkr

Grip Adhesive?

Lots and lots of non-ca style grip glue. I also scuff the surfaces a lot. I've had plenty of grips slip, even glued!
  2. DethWshBkr

Summit Main Air Fence Help Needed 5/23/2022

What's involved with a tear down? My brother and I MAY be able to help, depending on a few things. Need to get home at a reasonable hour, but we may be able to. We'll be in novice, 523 and 47
  3. DethWshBkr

Pittrace Bad Crash 4/23/2022

My uncle is a double amputee, from Vietnam. Lost both legs just below the knee since he was 20. He has ridden street, dirt, raced cars, and bicycles. Stay strong, and you'll enjoy coming back!
  4. DethWshBkr

2005 R1 water temp

Bike is getting a solid overhaul. Found a mouse nest above the throttle bodies, under the airbox. No mouse, just the little home! Went to check the valves and found 2 lightly tight exhaust valves, and 1 VERY loose intake. Compression was low on cylinder #3, by about 15 psi under spec...
  5. DethWshBkr

2004 fork rebuild. Wrong springs?

Part 13/30 is what I cut down. The spring is a solid inch longer, so I cut the spacer down an inch.
  6. DethWshBkr

2004 fork rebuild. Wrong springs?

I rebuilt the forks on my 05 R1, same thing. The RT springs are significantly longer. First off, massive kudos for even being able to get it together!!! I cut down the plastic spacer, the same length as the spring is longer.
  7. DethWshBkr

2005 R1 water temp

Running lean has been my thought as well which is why I did the Power Commander. Yeah I was seeing water temps up in the 210s to 221 as a high last time at Summit (August)
  8. DethWshBkr

2005 R1 water temp

I don't think so. To be honest I did not look that deep into the engine at all. I bought the bike in April and our first track day was in May so I really didn't do much to the bike yet. The guy I bought it from, it was his third backup bike, so it was not used very much and mostly stock. I...
  9. DethWshBkr

2005 R1 water temp

It does have an aftermarket exhaust, and to my knowledge has an unmodified ECU. That would bring it lean most likely as well. I mean, it is hauling around my fat butt, but Im a little surprised to see that sort of temp!
  10. DethWshBkr

2005 R1 water temp

Ooof. I was watching my videos from Summit on Monday, and I was 175 at pit out. 180-190's for the first two laps. Then lap 3, she clicked over 200, and then goes from 210-221 until I park it. I am running straight water myself. I've noticed she makes a light (Not obnoxious, but I'm aware of...
  11. DethWshBkr

2005 R1 water temp

I have no experience with Yamahas other than with this bike, which I now have 4 days on it. Anyone with either an older gen,or even the newer bikes - what is your normal running water temp? My CBRs that I've owned since 1998, all of them have been 175-220 normal water temp - with moving always...
  12. DethWshBkr

Safe passing - a must read!!!!

Gotta say, that's one of the reasons I've been posting so much about passing. I'm more concerned about someone else coming into me, but I'm trying to be sure I'm being ridiculously cautious, especially since it's novice class. I don't have a clue what to expect from everyone else! My...
  13. DethWshBkr

Pitt 7/10

That sounds like what I just realized. Yeah, not very smart on my part.
  14. DethWshBkr

Pitt 7/10

Beleive it or not, all of this critiquing is extremely helpful to me. Its things I don't realize Im doing sometimes. For example - I only noticed last night there are 2 cones on the inside of every corner, and I one on the outside. I just assumed they were corner marker cones, or some other...