Recent content by Jgelack

1. J

What oil are you guys using?

Good point! I just tend to overthink EVERYTHING! I've gone down this rabbit hole before, and every time I end up coming out with my head spinning, lol! Anyway, thanks again!
  2. J

I think I'm going to try the Motul 300V in the track/street bike. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Thanks for sharing your change intervals, I was planning on changing it between 2-3K. Rotella seems very popular as well, and I'm sure it's a fine oil, I just don't feel comfortable...
  3. J

Yeah, I just changed the oil on my street bike and I decided to try the Mobil 1 4T. So far I've tried Amsoil, Motul 7100, and now Mobil 1 in that bike, and honestly, I can't tell the difference between any of them! I did send a sample out to be tested years ago when I was running the Amsoil. All...
  4. J

Just for the record, I'm not asking what is the best oil? I know from visiting other forums that question can be kinda dangerous, lol! And really impossible to answer without at least extensive testing and/or engine tear downs! I'm about to do an oil change on my R6, and would like to switch...
  5. J

Question about brake fluid

To clean the caliper/piston, are you just removing the caliper/pads and spraying everything down with brake cleaner, then just reassembling?
  6. J

Thanks for all the great advice! Looks like I’m going to try the Motul RBF 600. The Maxima has a slightly higher dry boil temp, and the Amsoil has a slightly higher wet boil temp. But the Motul has a TON of good reviews, so it seems most people are happy with it. The one thing I heard was that...
  7. J

I try to change my brake fluid every spring. Since I'm planning on taking my bike to the track this year, Ive been trying to decide if I should change to another brand. I've been running Amsoil for a couple of years, but have considered switching over to Maxima Racing fluid or the Motul rbf600...
  8. J

Questions about proper body position

Thank you for those links! I was planning on attending the ATP class, but never considered private training. After listening to several of Ken Hill’s podcasts, as was suggested, I realize there are several other things I should probably be working on before body position! Thanks everyone for...
  9. J

Just wanted to thank all of you for your excellent advice! I will set the bike up on stands so I can practice proper body position as you suggested, I just don't want to practice bad habits that I'll only have to try to break later on! I always thought the inside elbow was suppose to be lower...
  10. J

I've read just about every article and watched every video I could find on proper body position, but still have a couple of questions. This is what I got so far. Set up lower body well before turn in by sliding your butt back in the seat so theres about a fist width between your crotch and the...
  11. J

Opinions about airbag vests

I’m wondering if the price difference is the main reason the Helite isn’t more popular? I’m not sure what the deployment time is for the Hit-Air, but I remember reading somewhere the Helite was 0.07 seconds, claiming it was the fastest mechanically triggered system currently available.
  12. J

I like how Astars and Dainese are coming out with vests that can be worn with other manufacturers jackets/suits, I think that is definitely a step in the right direction! Now if they could only find a way for the customer to repack/rearm the airbag themselves, instead of having to send it back...
  13. J

Thanks for the link! Wish I'd have known about that sooner. I ended up picking up a Pilot suit a couple of months ago, since they offered larger off the rack suits than most of the other manufacturers I looked at. So if I want to add airbag protection now, it will need to be in the form of an...
  14. J

I looked into the Astars Tech Air system, unfortunately I don’t fit into any of their compatable suits. I believe you get two deployments with their smaller vests, but their largest vest fires both canisters in the event of a crash, which means I’d be sending it back to them, even in the event...
  15. J

Does the RS model have an airbag in the back of the vest to protect the spine? From the pictures I’ve seen I can’t really tell, but it looks like just the neck, chest, and maybe rib cage is protected.