Recent content by jsin38

1. jsin38

2011 zx6r coolant leak I NEED Help

Agreed with @CaseyAlbert. Try something simple first like sealing the reservoir cap with some grease. I faced a similar situation with my 2019 ZX6R. At the track, I would find my right boot and shin area spotted with coolant. Once, at PBIR, I even got a nasty feeling rear end slide coming out...
  2. jsin38

Best solution for two sports bikes in truck bed?

Seen this madness as well. One guy with a 2x8 and those metal ramp adapters from Harbor Freight attached. Last session of the day, he would come off the track, through the paddock, hit the ramp, and barely slow down enough to keep from going through the cab. Not recommended.
  3. jsin38

Best solution for two sports bikes in truck bed?

I know the Pit Bull Mafia is gonna refute my claims but let a lazy, cheap man have a say here. I've been hauling in the bed of a pickup for years. I currently use one non-folding Black Widow 7'11'' long x 15" wide ramp for the bike and I walk up on the left side on a folding 7'6" Yutrax ramp...
  4. jsin38

Q5S winter storage?

Do not store them near bags of fertilizer. I cannot say when or where I learned that old motorcyclist wisdom but I have never questioned it.
  5. jsin38

Track Gloves: shorter Fingers —Recommendations?

That makes sense. Held is a German company and 'short' in German is 'kurz'. Hence the K.
  6. jsin38

Homestead - 18-21 January 2024

I like Homestead. Ample parking. Lots of garage space. The southernmost tunnel in the U.S.A is on site and you can't miss it.
  7. jsin38

BRAKE FAILURE.....Have you experienced one?

Sorry, context would have been helpful in my case. I'm speaking to the Tokico calipers on the 2003 GSXR 1000. I don't think I've been lucky enough to have monoblocs on any bike yet.
  8. jsin38

Ron, do you have an indication yet as to what caused your brake failure? After going through the caliper rebuild process last weekend, it seems to me that the piston and dust seals are not the biggest area of concern. The biggest area is the small o ring that seals the caliper halves together...
  9. jsin38

This thread is very helpful. It prompted me to take a close look at the brake system on a bike that I am bringing up to track spec. I noticed that it took a ton of pressure on the brake lever just to keep it from pushing me down the ramp while backing it out of the truck. That was a big...
  10. jsin38

Reading tire wear

I'll watch his vids until the paywall smashes into my screen and then, I just look at the zip tie on the fork leg to make sure I'm not bottoming out.
  11. jsin38

building a track ninja 400

I worked up some cost estimates for a Ninja 400 build back in early 2019. I'll paste all of that in here for reference but with the caveat that this was before quarantine induced supply chain issues/inflation: Ninja 400 = $4000 at Tri-County Honda in Petersburg, WV Spears Enterprises Build...
  12. jsin38

RHT Cold Race Collar

I bought a cheapy fishing shirt from Walmart a couple of years ago. Works well enough for allowing the leathers to go off and on between sessions. Also saves on sunscreen. Swim trunks take care of the bottom half. Evaporation cooling is my game with the wet towel in the cooler. Hydrating is key...
  13. jsin38

Stay local the night before?

I must be some kind of monster. I consider a 3.75 hour drive in the wee hours achievable. I also rarely run the last session of the day. Coincidence?
  14. jsin38

Pittrace Bad Crash 4/23/2022

Is that a First Braaaaptist Church shirt?
  15. jsin38

Pittrace Bad Crash 4/23/2022

@Jas05r1 Checking in to see how you are progressing.