Recent content by prplppleatr239

1. P

Looking for suspension options!

I'm also in Pittsburgh, and couldn't find anybody local to do mine. I ended up going to Kenny @ MRP. He did new valves and springs, along with adjustments when I picked the bike up. It's worth the drive there, unless you want to remove your shock and forks and ship them. Sent from my Nexus...
  2. P

Tell me what I need to know about towing

For buying the trailer, make sure you shop around. There is a ton of markup on RVs, and you may save several thousand $$$ by driving a few hours to pick it up. Buying an RV is like buying a used car from a shady lot. Don't trust anything the salesman tells you, verify on your own. For the...
  3. P

Shenny 9/24

Will there be a tire vendor?
  4. P

Trailer storage - 2 questions

$52 per month for mine, outside storage with 24 hr gate access. Bike stays in the trailer, gas cans and sewer hose do not. No issues as a result. It's insured in case it spontaneously combusts. Water leaks and rodent nests are honestly a much bigger concern.
  5. P

PITT Race 20-21 May Thanks N2!

Agreed, it was an awesome weekend. Sunday was great for as long as the weather held out, plenty of open track too. Only complaint is that my rear tire looked like somebody attacked it with a cheese grater by noon on Saturday, and it got worse after that.
  6. P

Main the 21st

I'll be there Thursday night for both days. How is the power handled there? Do I need to call in advance to reserve a spot, or can you just get it at the gate? Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  7. P

Cold Tire Crash?

I was behind and caught some of the crash and barrel roll on camera.
  8. P

Summit Point 5/6 - 5/7 ROLL CALL

My plan is to take advantage of both the people skipping the day entirely, as well as those changing to full rain tires. The theory is that both types will anger the Weather, and I will be able to ride around on a mildly damp track on Q3s with little traffic, at a relaxed pace. Taking things...
  9. P

Muffler Springs

Just got a new slip-on exhaust, and the muffler is held on by two springs and that's it. Will that pass tech as long as it is secure, or will it need to be safety wired?
  10. P

Question on boots purchase: Want to get a pair that will last a long time, replaceable sole?

These are my Sidi boots. About 5 yrs old. Paid $300 new, and just got them back from resole.com for new soles. They charged $100, and it took about two weeks door-to-door. That includes a prepaid shipping label. Besides new soles, they get a good cleaning and leather conditioner at the end of...
  11. P

Trailer doors?

Mine has a single barn door, because that's what ended up being the best available option on Craigslist when I was searching. Using a ramp is a non issue. One other thing to consider is height. The taller the trailer, the more wind drag, and more fuel you'll use pulling it. The shorter it is...
  12. P

How do you get thru winter!?

Saving $$$ or paying down credit card bills, whichever applies. Also work on fitness. Anything is better than nothing as far as exercise goes, but you'll have a much better experience if you're in good shape.
  13. P

Bazzaz Quickshifter Push Sensor

Sold. Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  14. P

2016 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE & DISCOUNT PACKAGES

Awesome! Are the August dates at PittRace on the full course or just the short one? Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  15. P

Pitt Full 29/30 August 2015 Thanks N2!!!

Agreed that it was a great weekend all around. It was good to see the place packed, with the go karts and autocross events going on at the same time. That type of turnout can only be good for the facility moving forward. Also, based on the number of bikes there, we'll surely have plenty of...