Recent content by streetroc85350

1. S

Countdown to Barber

Yeah I'd like to know the answer to this as well. How bad does it have to be for them to call off the event? Saturday looks like rain all day and Sunday is going to be thunderstorms all day. I'll be renting a bike and taking time off work so I need to know ASAP.
  2. S

Going to my first track day at Barber in 2 weeks. Any tips?

I picked up a Shoei RF 1200 helmet from my local motorcycle shop the other day. It fits great and definitely is the lightest and most comfortable helmet that I've ever had. Looks like the weather forecast is calling for rain both days. How do track days work in bad weather?
  3. S

Thanks for the tip I'll definitely stop by and say hi. Passing is only allowed on the straight for novice riders right? Also, what do you mean by vision? As in quality of vision or knowing where to look? I'm a pilot and I have perfect 20/20 vision if that helps. I'll have to check out those...
  4. S

That's a good point. What helmet do y'all recommend? The only one that fit me at my local motorcycle shop was a cheap $110 one. Is that sufficient? And how bad is an old helmet? My Icon speed freak is in perfect condition except for a scratched visor. But the motorcycle shop said that it was...
  5. S

Yeah it's my first track day. Are control riders the same thing as instructors?
  6. S

After getting a lot of help from everyone on this site, I'm very excited to say that I will be doing my first track day at Barber in two weeks. I'll be renting a '13 ZX6R and I already have two piece leathers and boots. Apparently the Icon helmet that I've been using on the street is expired...
  7. S

Countdown to Barber

I don't think Alabama has any special restrictions. I was there a little while ago and it was just business as usual
  8. S

Countdown to Barber

Is it a 600rr?
  9. S

Countdown to Barber

I'll be there! I got both days and a rental bike lined up and ready to go. Thanks again to everyone who helped me put this together. Can't wait!
  10. S

Countdown to Barber

Oh ok. So it's $225 for a membership and then another fee for the track day itself? How much is it going to be all together for me to ride with y'all in a few weeks?
  11. S

Countdown to Barber

I'm trying to make it but I didn't realize that these slots fill up that quickly. I tried to register from the home page but for some reason it won't let me log in there even though it will let me post here. Can someone help me with this? I tried calling the number on the homepage but I couldn't...
  12. S

Other options for renting a bike?

I spoke with Emerson yesterday and he was very helpful. He has a bike for me and I'm trying to work out the details to see if I can commit to both days right now. Thanks for the help guys, I hope to meet y'all in person in a few weeks!
  13. S

I'm not sure. Whatever company is listed on this site under the bike rental program
  14. S

Hey guys. I've been riding for years but I've never been to a track day before. My last bike was a CBR 954RR but I sold it and I don't have one at the moment. I'm looking for a 600 RR but haven't found one yet. I'd really like to go to the track day at Barber Motorsports Park later this month...
  15. S

Countdown to Barber

I've never been to a track day before but if I can find a bike I'd love to come there and meet y'all!