Recent content by SV650Steve

1. SV650Steve

2011 TU250 For Sale

Sold in 4 days, just posting to update this thread if someone finds it later.
  2. SV650Steve

Suspension Tuning

Thanks, I may take you up on that. Any chance you're going to Summit Point the same day I am?
  3. SV650Steve

Suspension Tuning

Thanks for the info and the assurance that I'm not the only one fighting suspension settings. The springs are the same as they were when I liked it. The rear shock didn't change and I took the springs out of my old forks to use in the forks currently on the bike that Zoran built. I say...
  4. SV650Steve

Suspension Tuning

Geometry should be the same as when I had the suspension where I liked it, but it was never stock from the time I got it. It has a GSXR600 rear wheel so that would put the rear slightly taller. But at the same time, the rear shock is 8mm longer than the stock SV shock. Would bringing the forks...
  5. SV650Steve

Suspension Tuning

Zoran is the guy who did the forks: https://www.twfracing.com/PartsPages/cartridgestockforkmod.html Spring rate is the same that was in the forks when I had the stock forks with just oil and springs replaced... .90kg sonic springs. Zoran said he set them up to be good right off the bat, but...
  6. SV650Steve

Suspension Tuning

I need help... 2005 SV650S with a ZX rear shock and Zoran/TWF racing front forks. I cannot get the ride to feel confident and I'm ready to take it to someone who can get me straightened out. The front end feels too bumpy and when I'm leaned over in a corner it does not feel stable. If I hit a...
  7. SV650Steve

2011 TU250 For Sale

$3199 6150 miles Located in Northern VA. All details and pics in the Craigslist ad. https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/d/reston-2011-suzuki-tu250x/7723955995.html
  8. SV650Steve

Lap timer and data apps

Very interested in your results. The draw for the mini S for me is running it without a phone. I had it in my cart and held off, then they sent me a coupon to make it even more enticing. That said I'm still thinking about the dragy even though it has less features because I'll mainly be using it...
  9. SV650Steve

Lap timer and data apps

Thanks. RaceDAC looks like way more than I need but very cool. I just want to capture my lap times. I've only done one track day and while I loved it, I didn't have a way to quantify my progress. Sounds like that $94 Garmin receiver combined with RaceChrono will do that. Would be nice if it...
  10. SV650Steve

Lap timer and data apps

What GPS receiver are you using?
  11. SV650Steve

Passing Tech at First Track Day

Wanted to revisit/close out this thread by saying THANK YOU!!! I had such an awesome, fun, educational experience yesterday. I improved so much from the time I first hit the track to my last session of the day. After the first session I was pretty discouraged because I felt soooo slow and felt...
  12. SV650Steve

2008 GSXR600 Rear Shock + 1" Raising Dog Bones for SV650

I bought this shock a few years ago for my 2nd Gen SV650 but after realizing how hard it is to swap out the rear shock and already having a ZX14 rear shock on mine, I don't think I'll ever get around to using it. I don't remember the specifics of the dog bones, all I know is that I did a ton...
  13. SV650Steve

^ awesome, thank you. I'm undecided if I'll be staying the night but it's good to have that option in the back of my mind. Current plan is to get the u-haul moto trailer and load everything up on Saturday afternoon/evening so I can just wake up and go on Sunday morning. I ended up swapping the...
  14. SV650Steve

Suit came in the mail and by some miracle, it fits me like a glove. Seller was even generous enough to send me a mesh under-suit, his gloves, a chest protector, and the back protector in the photo. I think I've got everything taken care of besides going to the track itself. If I get to the...
  15. SV650Steve

Hopefully it fits, will be here on Wednesday.