Recent content by Trent1098S

1. Trent1098S

MW Schedule

"We'll be serving fried Chihuahua at lunch today" (Old Blackhawk joke...)
  2. Trent1098S

NESBA alternatives for folks in MW

You feeling nostalgic for that short bus you rode as a kid, aren't you Steve? :)
  3. Trent1098S

What's up the the trackday store?

Sigh. Took a decade to build, but just one e-mail to tear it all down. Technology at it's greatest, and worst.
  4. Trent1098S

MW Schedule

Yeah we'd be calling Jordan "Gimp" right now if it wasn't for that airfence. Wait. We can call him Gimp anyway!
  5. Trent1098S

MW Schedule

No problem dude. I posted some shit last night also that was done out of anger, so I know exactly where you're coming from. :) A little sleep helped get my head squared away, though.
  6. Trent1098S

MW Schedule

Airfence is owned, maintained, and will stay at BHF permanently for all orgs to use. As far as losing trust, yeah. Think we're all right there with you. However, I have talked to Bob Blandford - personally - and I know that it wasn't an easy decision for him to make. Car clubs have more money...
  7. Trent1098S

MW Schedule

SomeGuy; Those RA dates were flippin' expensive too. I remember in '09 weekend dates were upwards of $25,000 a day. Dunno about '10. That's 2.5x as expensive as most other tracks in the region. Guess it goes without saying that NASCAR fame has it's cost. Blackhawk gave most of the NESBA dates...
  8. Trent1098S

MW Schedule

Joe - All the airfence money went straight to BHF. I've talked to Tom about airfence stuff myself, before. The airfence fundraisers were done at NESBA events, and organized by NESBA volunteers, but the money was handed off to the track and became the tracks money. As far as oversight, I've had...
  9. Trent1098S

MW Schedule

OK, hell. So this isn't just a sick joke. I didn't figure it was. This is going to be one of *those* posts. Damnit. I take one year off to heal up and the whole organization evaporates. What the hell? Over the last year and a half, while I've been healing up, I've worn a NESBA shirt to work...
  10. Trent1098S

MW Schedule

This is a sick joke, right?
  11. Trent1098S

Sick of watching riders get hurt due to unsafe race tracks

Tossing my .02 in because everyone else is. I've had three bus trips - two were from landing in grass, one from highsiding and hitting pavement. That last one I'm still in pain from a year and a half later. This isn't a safe sport, there's always factors outside of your control. But, overall...
  12. Trent1098S

Bad CCS weekend for some Nesbians...

Good to hear you're up and at it again George! Even though I'm still inactive, I always check the boards Monday after race & track weekends. This is the first time I've been worried all year by what I read.. I read on facebook earlier there was a chopper ride (don't know who), but everything...
  13. Trent1098S

Bad CCS weekend for some Nesbians...

Damn, don't you guys know to keep the rubber side down yet?! Sounds like it was a bad weekend. Glad to hear you're up and talking (typing) Ed. What about the rest that went down this weekend, any news?
  14. Trent1098S

prayers needed

I'm Zen Buddhist, I don't need God to hold my hand. If you read what I wrote, you'd notice 1) I was hurt at Road America almost a year ago, 2) I've been healing (slowly), and 3) I haven't been back on the track yet - not rushing in to anything. I'm pretty sure I just said I would be back after...
  15. Trent1098S

Wildlife at BHF

Dibs on the venison sausage...