Need leather suit fitting advice

ltsheets

I'm looking to get a new set of leathers after my last crash. The set I had were a size 44 from jackets4bikes and I want a better quality suit now. The old set fit a little looser than I would think it should but I'm worried that any smaller and it won't work with my height. Unfortunately I don't have any motorcycle stores nearby that carry leathers to allow me to try them on before bing them so I need some help with the sizing. I'm 6'1, 170lbs, 33in waist, and wear jeans that are 34 in length. I also think my sportcoat size is 42. Any of you that are around my size, I would really appreciate it if you tell me which brand and suit size fits you best. Thanks in advance.

Ex. 39

ltsheets;232802 wrote: I'm looking to get a new set of leathers after my last crash. The set I had were a size 44 from jackets4bikes and I want a better quality suit now. The old set fit a little looser than I would think it should but I'm worried that any smaller and it won't work with my height. Unfortunately I don't have any motorcycle stores nearby that carry leathers to allow me to try them on before bing them so I need some help with the sizing. I'm 6'1, 170lbs, 33in waist, and wear jeans that are 34 in length. I also think my sportcoat size is 42. Any of you that are around my size, I would really appreciate it if you tell me which brand and suit size fits you best. Thanks in advance.
you sound like my twin. im the exact same size, 33-34 jeans for the last 30 years, and 168 lbs. since i was 16 (im 50 now). Ive worn MotoGP leathers, Kobe CarbonStar's, and currently Komodo's, all off the rack, and all sized 42. even the other sets ive tried on, the 42's off the rack always fit perfectly. Yes, they are extremely snug, especially on "the boys" when i first put them on, but leather stretches, and it doesnt take long to do so. The only place they are even slightly baggy is in the ass, and thats only when im standing up, which is how they SHOULD fit.

You want leathers fitting as tightly as comfortably possible to insure they dont move around in case of a crash.

ltsheets

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response. I'll start looking for size 42s. This is kinda what I was thinking would be the case but wanted to hear it from someone who was about my size. I always felt my last set was a little big. Thanks a bunch for the quick response.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
What brand suit do you have? I have a Alpinestar Trigger suit in a 42. I've gotten, uh, well fat to put it bluntly. I think a 44 would probably allow the circulation back into my testicles. I'm 5'10", about 205. I know the suit will fit like a glove if I'd drop down to 185-190, but not sure if I can haze myself hard enough in the next month or so to pull it off.

ltsheets

Ex. 39;232807 wrote: you sound like my twin. im the exact same size, 33-34 jeans for the last 30 years, and 168 lbs. since i was 16 (im 50 now). Ive worn MotoGP leathers, Kobe CarbonStar's, and currently Komodo's, all off the rack, and all sized 42. even the other sets ive tried on, the 42's off the rack always fit perfectly. Yes, they are extremely snug, especially on "the boys" when i first put them on, but leather stretches, and it doesnt take long to do so. The only place they are even slightly baggy is in the ass, and thats only when im standing up, which is how they SHOULD fit.

You want leathers fitting as tightly as comfortably possible to insure they dont move around in case of a crash.
Oh and I forgot to ask....do you wear a back protector under your leathers or just the one that's built in to whatever suit you buy?? I figured that would make a difference in how the suit fit up top. Thanks.

ltsheets

Otto Man;232811 wrote: What brand suit do you have? I have a Alpinestar Trigger suit in a 42. I've gotten, uh, well fat to put it bluntly. I think a 44 would probably allow the circulation back into my testicles. I'm 5'10", about 205. I know the suit will fit like a glove if I'd drop down to 185-190, but not sure if I can haze myself hard enough in the next month or so to pull it off.
the suit I have is one off jackets4bikes.com. it's their brand and is an entry level, one hard crash and they're done type suit. I'm looking to upgrade in both quality and fit before hitting the track again in may hopefully when I get home from this deployment.

pefrey

ltsheets;232802 wrote: I'm 6'1, 170lbs, 33in waist, and wear jeans that are 34 in length.
Check out the sizing for RS Taichi. They have "Japanese sizing" which is made for shorter skinny guys. However, their largest suit will fit a tall skinny guy.

Ex. 39

ltsheets;232813 wrote: Oh and I forgot to ask....do you wear a back protector under your leathers or just the one that's built in to whatever suit you buy?? I figured that would make a difference in how the suit fit up top. Thanks.
i wear a back protector AND a chest protector.

rugbydawg13

RS Taichi sizing is unique to them to my knowledge and the best fitting off the track suits out there. Not cheap but well worth it.

Sent from my DROID2

ltsheets

Thanks for the help guys. I found an A* mx-1 suit barely used for 550 shipped I think I'm gonna get in size 42. Pretty excited about having a quality suit for the first time.

rothwem

So, its been a bit, how'd the alpinestars size 42 suit fit? I've got similar measurements to you in terms of jacket size (40-42ish) and pants size (32-33x34) , but I've got about an inch and 10 pounds on you. Just like you, I've got a cheapish suit that's a 44 thats just a hair too big on me.

xrated

Get the best quality suit that you can afford....or maybe even that you can't afford. Then, make SURE that there is enough room inside for a good quality back protector AND a good quality chest protector and WEAR THEM BOTH when you ride.

Gorecki

yamadog252;233780 wrote: i just saw at sportbiketrack gear has sale on mx 1 suit at 599
Yeah, some even a little less, seeing a fair amount of 42s-44s available as well! :wow:

ltsheets

rothwem;233767 wrote: So, its been a bit, how'd the alpinestars size 42 suit fit? I've got similar measurements to you in terms of jacket size (40-42ish) and pants size (32-33x34) , but I've got about an inch and 10 pounds on you. Just like you, I've got a cheapish suit that's a 44 thats just a hair too big on me.
Well unfortunately I'm currently deployed and won't be able to try the suit on until late April. I wish I could get my hands on it sooner but I'm going to have to wait. As soon as I do get home and try it on though I'll post how it fit on here so you can get an idea if you haven't already bought another suit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD