Slipper Clutch Advice

yohoho

Looking to upgrade 05 R6 std wet clutch to after market slipper clutch, currently running original clutch @ 7500 miles on bike (mostly street). Thinking Yoyodyne but wanted to get feedback, others? STM?

Any concerns I should have with this upgrade? Other parts to upgrade at same time (friction plates)?

Thanks for the feedback!

Dunham

I have a Yoyodyne slipper clutch in my 600RR and it works great! When I put it in I changed the clutch plates and fibers since it was already apart but it probably wasn't necessary.

matt2212

Dunham;271382 wrote: I have a Yoyodyne slipper clutch in my 600RR and it works great! When I put it in I changed the clutch plates and fibers since it was already apart but it probably wasn't necessary.
^^^^

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
I have a yoyo on my bike, and its SWEET!!! Makes downshifting so much easier.

yohoho

Dunham;271382 wrote: I have a Yoyodyne slipper clutch in my 600RR and it works great! When I put it in I changed the clutch plates and fibers since it was already apart but it probably wasn't necessary.
Thanks for the info, did you install yourself? Think local shop wants around $300 for install, I am somewhat mechanical but haven't played with the clutch before.

hoppa2k6

Yoyodyne or STM works great! Have them installed in my 1000rr's and they work wonders. The install isn't too bad. If you know how to turn a wrench, it's not all that hard. Best advice I can give is to get yourself a clutch holder tool. Motion pro one works pretty good. The teeth on it were a bit large for my clutch basket but I got it to work without having to shave them down.

See if anyone you know has the clutch tool before you buy one. That'll cut down on the cost of the job a bit. Also, I recommend a new OEM clutch pack. When I first did mine, I installed a set of barnett kevlars and they high of the clutch pack (thickness) was too great so I couldn't pull the clutch out. So I just went with a new set of stock ones rather than getting the custom plate from Yoyodyne to solve the issue with the aftermarket clutch pack.

yohoho

hoppa2k6;271443 wrote: Yoyodyne or STM works great! Have them installed in my 1000rr's and they work wonders. The install isn't too bad. If you know how to turn a wrench, it's not all that hard. Best advice I can give is to get yourself a clutch holder tool. Motion pro one works pretty good. The teeth on it were a bit large for my clutch basket but I got it to work without having to shave them down.

See if anyone you know has the clutch tool before you buy one. That'll cut down on the cost of the job a bit. Also, I recommend a new OEM clutch pack. When I first did mine, I installed a set of barnett kevlars and they high of the clutch pack (thickness) was too great so I couldn't pull the clutch out. So I just went with a new set of stock ones rather than getting the custom plate from Yoyodyne to solve the issue with the aftermarket clutch pack.
Great, thanks will give it a shot myself.

Motofun352

Control Rider
If you reuse your original clutch pack...maintain the order they came apart in and keep them soaked in oil. New clutch needs to be presoaked in oil also. Standard practice, in case you skipped that part of the instruction manual...:D