2018 N2 track day bike prep - Where's everyone at?

MrFrzz

slow and wide
UPS man came a few minutes ago.... Its a start..

And yes.... I'm the N00b that didnt pay attention and only ordered pads for one rotor.... :oops:

Attachments

• KIMG0229.JPG
    KIMG0229.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 22
  • KIMG0227.JPG
    KIMG0227.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 22
  • KIMG0228.JPG
    KIMG0228.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 22

YOLOrider87

UPS man came a few minutes ago.... Its a start..

And yes.... I'm the N00b that didnt pay attention and only ordered pads for one rotor.... :oops:

its all good...i do most of my online shopping at www.sportbiketrackgear.com and or revzilla.com. Website did remind me to purchase two sets of brake pads as I almost made the same mistake (STG). I also purchased those same pads and have burned through them rather quickly, they are about half life with 5 tds to date and a bit of street riding last season. The bite is always consistent but the material has worn off pretty quick. I'll try Vesrah next go around.

MrFrzz

slow and wide
its all good...i do most of my online shopping at www.sportbiketrackgear.com and or revzilla.com. Website did remind me to purchase two sets of brake pads as I almost made the same mistake (STG). I also purchased those same pads and have burned through them rather quickly, they are about half life with 5 tds to date and a bit of street riding last season. The bite is always consistent but the material has worn off pretty quick. I'll try Vesrah next go around.

At least I got the back pads right? Heyohhh;)

These came from revzilla. This is the first set of pads I've bought for the bike as it's my first and I've only been riding a couple of years. I've heard good things about vesrah. Might give them a go next time.

I think this season and next will be a huge learning curve and will be crucial for me to get the bike set up for me... As advised by folks here.... Looking forward to it all though.

bmart

Control Rider
Me too. and if you have to do some shipping anyway, why not return the EBC and get the Vesrah RJL now?

Jason DeBoer

I'm a bit behind where I wanted to be. Still shooting for NC in April. Finally got suspension back, going to pick up motor this weekend and bodywork will hopefully be in the booth next week.
2AEAHNg.jpg

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I'm a bit behind where I wanted to be. Still shooting for NC in April. Finally got suspension back, going to pick up motor this weekend and bodywork will hopefully be in the booth next week.
2AEAHNg.jpg

Luckily you still have time, post a pick when you all squared away, trying to figure out what kind of bike that is? :cool:

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
You are right. The swingarm is stamped with Aprilla on top.

My "A" bike needs nothing other than tires and a fluid change. My "B" bike on the other hand required a new engine. I had some transmission issues last year that I knew needed to be addressed. Turns out, the repair was more costly than a replacement engine. I was able to source a 2006 engine off eBay for a pretty good price. Took some time, but it went in with only a few hiccups. It appears to be running quite nicely, but only running it on the track will show if there are any issues. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and wasting some knee pucks!

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Already toasted 3 rear tires this season. Tore down to try a new autoblip system, clean air filter, oil change and will leave open to add a quicker ratio throttle and button her up. Then just need a new pair of shoes for the girl

bmart

Control Rider
I'm just about there too. test rode both bikes in the neighborhood this afternoon. Nothing needed other than a chain adjustment of 1 turn on the B-bike. Just waiting on bodywork install and tire selection as the first weekend gets closer!

Got out to check out the local autocross guys this afternoon too. Neato...

bacolmm

Told me best case it will ship March 23rd. I ordered it in November and was originally told I'd have it before Christmas. The date has been pushed back so many times that I don't have any confidence in any of the dates they give me anymore...

4 dudes on a twin (endurance team) is waiting. Got confirmation just yesterday that they will ship second week of March

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Like Dave, melted 3 tires already this year. R1 is pretty much ready to go. Have to change the mounting of the air temp sensor in the ram air tube, and am swapping the non-adjustable rearsets for some Evols to give me a little more room. Then just change fluids. The R6 is under repair for a few things - still trying to make progress on it. The GSXR750 is happily staying warm while it waits for a new owner.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Also washed the trailer today. Got the Barber and Jennings grime off the outside.