Damn I'm old!!!!!!!!!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Wow! I thought just about everyone at the track had been riding their whole lives and started track riding in their 20’s.
Well, for us *ahem* older folks, trackdays on the east coast didn't exist before 1992, when Reduc Sportbike Association started running at Pocono. So we couldn't have started in our 20s even if we wanted to. Before then, if you wanted to ride on the race track, you had to go racing.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I started with the Team Suzuki Advanced Rider's School at Pocono in August of 1997. I got promoted to Staff Sergeant the previous year in Korea, so my 1997 GSXR750 was my promotion gift to myself. The school came with the purchase of a new GSXR at the time.

Joined NESBA in August 2002. First day was at VIR with Tim Wilson. We had a great time and were instantly hooked with the NESBA atmosphere, people and everything else about the organization. 16 years and 150 track days later.....I could NOT have a mortgage if I didn't do this sh*t, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

OK...maybe I'd pass on the getoffs I've had (I've had a couple doozies), and the two concussions. But, other than that...all good memories. ;-)

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I don't like that video one bit. The lighting makes it look like there are two Heavenly Hams under my leathers! I can almost see some plumber's crack for God's sake. I do remember that day and I remember being behind you guys coming through the bowl thinking "Is someone going to get friggin' going?" I almost thought I was out in the wrong group.

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I’m the exact opposite of what most of you are saying. When I first started riding I had plenty of money. Heck, I bought my first bike cash. I had lots of free time too. The sad thing was I had never heard of track days until about a year before my first child was born. Which was 14 years after I started riding. So much time wasted :( I made my next big mistake a few months before Alexander was born, I rode Lightning in Millville, thinking that it would be a great one time experience. WRONG!!! Now I spend my free trying to come up with ways to get back to the track.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
I don't like that video one bit. The lighting makes it look like there are two Heavenly Hams under my leathers! I can almost see some plumber's crack for God's sake. I do remember that day and I remember being behind you guys coming through the bowl thinking "Is someone going to get friggin' going?" I almost thought I was out in the wrong group.
It's called an APE, Jim!

Motofun352

Control Rider
Bought a new 2000 R1, went to a bike night that August and won the door prize which was a track day at Pocono with Team Hammer. SO, I took my new R1 to the track with absolutely no clue as to what I was getting into. Turns out the little kid who ended up showing us newbies the line was John Hopkins. That little squirt was fast. :laugh:

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Nope, that is reserved for you. Though truth be told, Chris filmed me at Inde last week doing the instructor lap and the class had a good laugh at the size of the goon from the back view of the FZ10. I swear I don't look like that!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Bought a new 2000 R1, went to a bike night that August and won the door prize which was a track day at Pocono with Team Hammer. SO, I took my new R1 to the track with absolutely no clue as to what I was getting into. Turns out the little kid who ended up showing us newbies the line was John Hopkins. That little squirt was fast. :laugh:

I think I was there Jack.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
It’s cool how you started the video with some mistakes. Being “new guy” who is still learning the basics it’s hard for me to imagine you and others that frequent the track making mistakes. I have only ever known you as someone who always knew what they were doing.
We're still making mistakes. Some are just better at hiding them then others