New guy in MD looking for first track day advice

Neal johnson

Hello fellow riders. My name is Neal and I am getting back on two wheels to do some more track days. I have done a couple of track days years ago in Texas at TWS and I'm now looking to get back into it. I am riding a cbr1000rr SP. I am thinking about doing the VIR event which is about 5 hours from me. What do you guys recommend? Looking forward to meeting you guys this year.

Kruizen

Control Rider
Neal, welcome. Vir is a great venue. What part of MD are you in? I'm between Frederick and Baltimore and would be happy to grab a drink sometime and give you any information you might want.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome, Neal! For starters, please read our Riders Manual: http://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/N2-Riders-Manual-Ver.-2.0.1.pdf
It will answer any questions about bike prep and gear requirements.
VIR is a great track. Since you're in MD, there's a few good ones, Summit Point, NJ Motorsports Park.
Since it's been years since you've been on the track, I'd recommend starting in our Novice group.
Ask away with any other questions, this is a great group!

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome! You'll love VIR. They have five configurations and the facility is superb. Most folks (especially those with litre bikes) lean toward the North and Full course. I prefer the unique challenges of South and Patriot. Ask away! You've found a great group of folks.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Neal, Welcome! There are a bunch of us control riders heading to VIR that weekend. In addition to getting as much info as you can in advance, please look us up when you get there. There should be myself (Bill), Kenny, Musky and Gary (Yank) all there Saturday night in preparation for Patriot Sunday, and North on Monday. We'll be in a white Dodge truck and large white enclosed trailer - probably located just to the left near the bleachers at Patriot entrance. Stop over and say hello. You'll find Patriot pretty tight on that 1000, but it's a great way to get loose. Part of Patriot (the uphill) you'll see again the next day when you run North - which is a FAR different setup. That VIR event is actually run by our partner Evolve GT - so it will be a little different than a typical N2 day - but in either case you'll find the day very enjoyable.

Neal johnson

Neal, welcome. Vir is a great venue. What part of MD are you in? I'm between Frederick and Baltimore and would be happy to grab a drink sometime and give you any information you might want.

I'm in laurel Maryland. I'd be down to catch up and talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neal johnson

Neal, Welcome! There are a bunch of us control riders heading to VIR that weekend. In addition to getting as much info as you can in advance, please look us up when you get there. There should be myself (Bill), Kenny, Musky and Gary (Yank) all there Saturday night in preparation for Patriot Sunday, and North on Monday. We'll be in a white Dodge truck and large white enclosed trailer - probably located just to the left near the bleachers at Patriot entrance. Stop over and say hello. You'll find Patriot pretty tight on that 1000, but it's a great way to get loose. Part of Patriot (the uphill) you'll see again the next day when you run North - which is a FAR different setup. That VIR event is actually run by our partner Evolve GT - so it will be a little different than a typical N2 day - but in either case you'll find the day very enjoyable.

Awesome I look forward to meeting everyone.

mdhokie

Welcome. You're not the only one here in the area...I'm in Annapolis, and have been attending N2 track days for a year and a half; I usually go with my buddy from Odenton. We're planning on attending the NJMP day on 4/30 as well as the day at VIR and some others. Send me a message if you'd like to meet up some time. I have also met a couple other N2 members from MD.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Welcome! As Bill pointed out, that event is a “Partnered” event through Evolve. Great organization but there are a few differences in the two clubs. Be sure to pay attention in an N2 riders meeting to understand the differences. Our riders manual will not be exactly what you will see at their events. Our season starts with the NC Bike event April 7/8th and ramps up from there. Looking forward to meeting you at the Track.

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
Welcome to N2 Neal! I’m in North Stafford, VA, just south of DC. Quite a few members are close to your area but we are all willing to help with your questions. You’ll find that no matter what tracks you attend we are a great group to be part of.

Neal johnson

Welcome to N2 Neal! I’m in North Stafford, VA, just south of DC. Quite a few members are close to your area but we are all willing to help with your questions. You’ll find that no matter what tracks you attend we are a great group to be part of.

Awesome. I'm not sure what track day I want to do first. I was thinking about ncbike. What track would you recommend.