NC Bike

JBowen33

thinking about doing the next event at NC Bike. I haven’t been there in years. Is the paddock paved now and is there electric hook ups for toy haulers?

JBowen33

Well that sucks. I think I was there in 2012 and they said they were supposed to pave it in the winter time... guess that fell through lol is there a decent amount of electric spots? I’ll be getting there pretty late Friday evening.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
The problem usually isn't electric IMHO - it's usually getting a place along the paved entry road for your canopy for pitting the bike.

JBowen33

I
Call Sam at NCBIKE and reserve a spot!

I’ll most likely sign up a few days before the event. Got a new bike and haven’t found an extra set of wheels to put rains on yet so weather permitting for me until I do.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Now Tom - I know you're modest, put removing a cranium from a posterior is not a minor medical procedure...

tdelegram

Control Rider
Summit main will definitely be my first outing and I’ll be doing stuff a week sooner than I should but don’t tell my doctor.

JBowen33

So is there decent amount of power hook ups? I’ll be arriving late (11-12) Friday night so I’m assuming the gate will be closed and I’ll just camp outside the gate no big deal. Problem being I have a champion generator that is pretty quite in general that I’ll use Friday but I prefer not to use it all weekend. I need to run warmers during the day and I need power at night as my wife and two year will be with me so going without power isn’t an option.

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
So is there decent amount of power hook ups? I’ll be arriving late (11-12) Friday night so I’m assuming the gate will be closed and I’ll just camp outside the gate no big deal. Problem being I have a champion generator that is pretty quite in general that I’ll use Friday but I prefer not to use it all weekend. I need to run warmers during the day and I need power at night as my wife and two year will be with me so going without power isn’t an option.
Doesn't hurt to call the track. You can reserve power as far as I know, although I've never done that. The power along the paved area is somewhat limited but there is more around the perimeter of the paddock, though you'll be set up on rocks and grass. When I was there last April it seemed like there were some open power spots along the back, however I've been to events there where all the power spots filled up early and people were set up along the road toward the classroom building and almost all the way to the gate.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Gate is typically staffed until 12am. After that it opens if someone inside exits or drives up to the gate from the inside. If you come in after midnight be sure to go sign the waver in the morning. I'll be arriving about 1am and I know several people who will be in around midnight-1am. If you don't see anyone moving around just pull to the side and wait. DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF THE GATE AND GO TO SLEEP!!! Had that happen once.

JBowen33

Gate is typically staffed until 12am. After that it opens if someone inside exits or drives up to the gate from the inside. If you come in after midnight be sure to go sign the waver in the morning. I'll be arriving about 1am and I know several people who will be in around midnight-1am. If you don't see anyone moving around just pull to the side and wait. DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF THE GATE AND GO TO SLEEP!!! Had that happen once.

I’m stupid.... but not that stupid lol