Pitt Race 6/18? Yamaha Day?

Louber

Ernie at Miller's Motorsports shared the details. What a great opportunity!

Thanks Miller's Motorsports, N2 and Yamaha!

I'll see you there!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
I just ran the Yamaha Dealer Appreciation Event at NJMP Monday. We had 3 Dealers with 100+/- riders and everyone had a blast. It still amazes me how many people on sport bikes have never done a track day.

jimmyz63

I just ran the Yamaha Dealer Appreciation Event at NJMP Monday. We had 3 Dealers with 100+/- riders and everyone had a blast. It still amazes me how many people on sport bikes have never done a track day.
Slitherin...would you say this type of day is a little less intense(for lack of a better term). I signed my son up for the the June 18 event thinking that is the case. He's a little intimidated by the whole track day thing.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Slitherin...would you say this type of day is a little less intense(for lack of a better term). I signed my son up for the the June 18 event thinking that is the case. He's a little intimidated by the whole track day thing.

Jimmy, these dealer appreciation days can vary a bit. For the Novice rider it probably isn't a ton different than a normal N2 day - except you may not get the same level of coaching opportunities and feedback. The Novice structure at a typical N2 day is really pretty hard to beat for the new rider. That being said, there are a bunch of us N2 control riders that are apparently going to be helping out at this one. Pitt is a big but friendly track - I think your son will be just fine.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director

Jimmy, like Bill said, it depends. Groups are more self regulated so the higher you get the more varied the group is. Obviously N2 will take care of any safety issues and move people accordingly but its more about just letting the customers enjoy the day out on the track. If you were looking to ride in the same group as your son and you're in another group, this is probably a great opportunity to do so. If we have enough staff at the event, I'm sure we would divide the Novice group into first time riders to the track like we do our normal days but the number of bikes will be much less than a typical PittRace event. Also consider the Intro group that Friday at our event. The Friday before the race weekend is typically light on the Novice group due to the fact that most of our members travel several hours to get to PittRace. A one day event tends to limit the participants. We will also typically run a 4 group format for Friday using 4x 15 min sessions. This might also be good for a newer rider because of the 15 min format. Either way he will be in good hands with the N2 Staff at either our Friday Event or the Dealer Appreciation Event Monday.

jimmyz63

Thanks guys. I think once he gets past the opening session jitters he'll be fine. It's just taking that first step. I always tell him how good the CR's and staff are, so not to worry there.

ejmst8rmu

We are currently working on an event structure to really cater to entry-level/novice track riders for this day. We want to get the first-time riders comfortable with the track environment. N2 does a great job, and we are looking to have even more help from the guys at the Yamaha Champions Riding School. The feedback from the NJMP event last Monday was great. More first-time and novice riders showed up than initially expected, but the on-track and off-track instruction went a long way to convert some riders into track riders.

Don't worry, we are not forgetting about the intermediate/advanced riders. There will plenty of track time for everyone.

If anyone has a friend/relative/etc. that wants to try the track, but hasn't pulled the trigger yet, this is the day to do it! The event is FREE to participate for everyone, plus we will have have FREE instruction available and even some spare gear to borrow. If you or anyone you know is interested in participating, please contact me through the Facebook event (link in post #1) or e-mail me directly, ernie@millersmotorsports.com. ALL MAKES/MODELS WELCOME!

We are looking forward to a fun day!

-Ernie Miller

GCBC

just sold my SUV and not sure if I can find a replacement tow vehicle In time, was invited by barnes bros as I bought a new gsxr 1000 from them. Im not even 5min from there dealer. Anyone want to drag my sorry-tow-vehicle-less-ass and bike up then? Happy to make it worth your while.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I would talk to Liam and Blake. A number of us in the area will already be at the track starting Thursday night. Possibly Liam or Blake could suggest a solution for you.

tdelegram

Control Rider
I agree with Bill, see if Barnes can get your bike up there. If I didn’t already have 5 bikes in my toyhauler I would offer.

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
Had a great time yesterday and all weekend. Thanks to Liam and Barnes Bro's for the invite to the Monday Yamaha track day! I've never run North Track before and had a lot of fun.

Louber

Huge THANK YOU to Yamaha, the N2 crew and Miller's Motorsports for putting on a great event yesterday. North Track was a fun change with some very different corners.

Hot hot hot but fun day!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
The event yesterday to me seemed like a great success. I was a little apprehensive at the beginning when I learned we were only using North rather than Full, but to be honest it really worked out OK. The temps were high, and the sun was brutal. Given the relative inexperience level of a lot of the attendees, I was expecting more potential problems - and they thankfully just didn't really happen.

I hear good things about Miller Motorsports but really don't know Ernie and the guys there - I'm much closer geographically to the Barnes boys. To that end, big time kudos to everybody - and especially the Barnes family. I really appreciated the fact that they were thoughtful enough to even thank some of the CRs that were spending time out there. It was unnecessary - but appreciated. For those of you who need parts, service, or even a new bike - these are the kinds of dealers that we need to support and keep around. Between them, the growth of N2, and YCRS - things are really looking up.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Great day a little too hot but it was fun chasing all of you around. I saw a lot of improvement across all groups so kudos to all of the riders.

Jester

Yamahawkins
Control Rider
Director
I had a blast on the north track. Here is a video from the last session before lunch.