Anyone running the new gsxr 1000?

GCBC

Just picked one up, looking for setup advice/tips n tricks.

-sent ecu out for the flash and QS/Blipper/LC and derestriction
-got a DSC sc sc1 front & hunting for an in stock sc2 rear
-hoping an rcs19 will fix the shitty front lever travel

keeping stock base suspension, not going ohlins or cartridges etc any trick like increasing rear ride height like on the zx10 needed a 7mm shim.

thanks

Motofun352

Control Rider
So many things to consider, not knowing where you are on the skill, experience chart. My priority list looks something like this:
1. Seat time, call it track time or training or whatever but get to know the bike.
2. Brakes. SS lines and good pads (I like Vesrah RJL XX), A Brembo master is also nice
3. Rear sets, clip ons, shark fin....case covers are nice too.
4. Suspension. The new stock stuff is pretty darn good so this may not be #4 anymore
5. Engine tuning....I believe a good tech with a dyno is essential to do this right. Ultimate power is not the goal (IMHO) rather a smooth (especially off the bottom) curve.
6. At this point tires, exhaust, power stuff, race body work and all the other goodies. You may have to do #5 again, though.

different folks will other ideas and $$$$ is also an important consideration when deciding just how far to go.

JBowen33

I wouldn’t count out a suspension upgrade. Not sure what your experience is but aftermarket internals are worth their weight in gold and at the least get it professionally set up. Metric Devil Moto did my GSXR and couldn’t be happier.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Man I wish I would have seen this post earlier, I would have tried to convince you to take it back and get a R1. haha

GCBC

Can’t raise the rear ride height so it’s stuck at its current development level. Also bought the FT eCU QS and blooper the day before I bought the bike since it was “in stock in my hand shipping today” and they still aren’t in stock! Fucking BS. I’m sure ftecu is going under and they are just scraping in the money before sailing off on their yacht.

Bike runs good tho did everything else before I rode it. Very nice.. had it all this time, has 190mikes on it now

gcally

Greg Callahan #11
Man I wish I would have seen this post earlier, I would have tried to convince you to take it back and get a R1. haha
BOOOOOOOO!!!!!
No love for the GSXR!

I love mine. Easy to work on and sooooo much mid-range. The only thing I am struggling with is wheelie control and how to adjust it. With the FT ECU race team package you are able to adjust traction/wheelie maps but figuring out what all the numbers in the table do is a real struggle. There is no real documentation it is all trial and error.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
BOOOOOOOO!!!!!
No love for the GSXR!

I love mine. Easy to work on and sooooo much mid-range. The only thing I am struggling with is wheelie control and how to adjust it. With the FT ECU race team package you are able to adjust traction/wheelie maps but figuring out what all the numbers in the table do is a real struggle. There is no real documentation it is all trial and error.
Haha it's all love...

Cwhite87

So a month later what's your opinion on the suspension especially the rear Showa BFRC. also why can't you adjust it

GCBC

So a month later what's your opinion on the suspension especially the rear Showa BFRC. also why can't you adjust it
No way to adjust ride height on it.
Only ride it once has like 320miles now... need some buddies to chase on the street. Sold my truck so no towing options either for track, plus I gained another 5lbs so I know my custom suit won’t fit