New member / new track rider from NJ

ApriliaRider

Hello all. I am a new member preparing for his first track day on my 17 Aprilia RSV4. I am hoping to have my first track day @ NJMP the weekend of 7/28. Met a few terrific people there during the last track day. I'm not clear on what the difference is between the two events listed for 7/28 (ATP-Lightning) so if someone could clear that up for me I would appreciate it.
Looking forward to learning how to ride this beast on the track!

ApriliaRider

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Those new Apes are pretty sweet bikes, even the Tuono. The July 28-29 dates on Lightning are regular track days and the ATP is our Advanced Training Program designed to give riders very focused rider training for the entire day. It is based on the teachings of YCRS and is a great primer for the school for those not quite ready to take the bite. Here's a link that describes the program: https://www.n2td.org/atp

Sunday is a dealer day with Motorcycle Mall. They'll be out in full force, bringing a lot of their customers.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Welcome aboard, be prepared to have the best time of your life with leather on. If you have any questions feel free to post up here, there are a lot of knowledgeable members and staff willing to jump in and give you a hand. We all started where you are, although some of us didn’t have as badass of a bike when we did.

ApriliaRider

Thx all...the bike may be badass but I'm not! lol Never been on a track so I hope to learn first and let the speed come later :) I'm kinda late to this game (47!) but the bike has made this something I just have to try.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thx all...the bike may be badass but I'm not! lol Never been on a track so I hope to learn first and let the speed come later :) I'm kinda late to this game (47!) but the bike has made this something I just have to try.
Haha, you're young compared to a lot of us out there! Perfect attitude! Get the techniques down (body position, etc.), be smooth, and let the speed come to you.