Brake Fluid Reservoir

Aries4Tartarus

I signed up for my first track day at PittRace on 8/18/18. I'm going through the points for tech inspection and see they check the brake fluid level in the reservoirs? My rear reservoir is tucked inside the rear fairing, so I'm guessing I would need to remove part of that fairing to give them access to the reservoir? I figured I had better ask now because it's a total pain in the @ss to remove.

Thanks
-Chris

Motofun352

Control Rider
Don't sweat it, as long as the rear brake works you'll be OK. We don't require any body parts to be removed. Hint...we're in the process of outlawing K&N oil filters....Not sure when this will take effect but don't use them anymore to be safe. Biggest issue are:
1. Too tight a chain, don't know why the manufacturers spec what they do...go for 2" +
2. 50% or more tread available...a little more if you're doing both days.
3. Make sure throttle snaps back at full lock both directions.
4. Put your # on the bike...tape #'s are OK...just easy to read

Show up for registration with ID and leathers, helmet, gauntlet gloves and proper MC boots and get ready to join the fun! We dedicate a CR to brand new riders to show them the ropes so try not to get too anxious. Oh...and welcome!

Aries4Tartarus

Thanks for the info, Motofun352. Hopefully the K&N outlaw will take place any day after 8/18... because I just changed fluids with that filter this weekend. New rear tire was mounted this weekend also. I have an email in to support about availability of renting leathers and boots there... just waiting to hear back from them.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Don't sweat it, as long as the rear brake works you'll be OK. We don't require any body parts to be removed. Hint...we're in the process of outlawing K&N oil filters....Not sure when this will take effect but don't use them anymore to be safe. Biggest issue are:
1. Too tight a chain, don't know why the manufacturers spec what they do...go for 2" +
2. 50% or more tread available...a little more if you're doing both days.
3. Make sure throttle snaps back at full lock both directions.
4. Put your # on the bike...tape #'s are OK...just easy to read

Show up for registration with ID and leathers, helmet, gauntlet gloves and proper MC boots and get ready to join the fun! We dedicate a CR to brand new riders to show them the ropes so try not to get too anxious. Oh...and welcome!

This is 100% spot on and those 4 things are the reason 95% of the bikes that fail tech get failed for.

Backmarker

Control Rider
Be aware that everyone is given the opportunity to fix what’s needed to pass.
You can alway adjust, swap, replace, beat with a hammer, flip upside down and rotate whatever neededs to be.

Having your bike clean is just as important. A clean, well maintained bike will get you all the help you need over a clap out, dirty, oil leaking pile.

Aries4Tartarus

I'm not worried about the maintenance part of it. I'm anal about maintenance and keeping it clean. I just don't want to get dinged for something small... such as "Riders Manual - Chassis & Suspension - #6: All levers (front brake, clutch) must have ball on end". My long OEM levers have ball on the end, but my current shorty levers only have 1/2 ball.

6P's - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I'm not worried about the maintenance part of it. I'm anal about maintenance and keeping it clean. I just don't want to get dinged for something small... such as "Riders Manual - Chassis & Suspension - #6: All levers (front brake, clutch) must have ball on end". My long OEM levers have ball on the end, but my current shorty levers only have 1/2 ball.

6P's - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

First off, a big thanks to reading through the N2 manual to ensure your bike is good to go (Seriously, not nearly enough people do this). That being said - don't read too much into it, basically what it's saying is that the lever can't be broken, like a normal OEM lever with no ball on the end because part of it snapped off in a crash. As long as your levers are whole (whether they are shorties or standard length) and in serviceable condition, you'll be just fine.