Roll Call - Road Atlanta Oct. 20-21

Kurt

Control Rider
Thank you Kurt. Unfortunately I'll still be getting smoke by 600s half way down the straights.
I know you know this already, but since I constantly have the same battle going on inside my head, I'll say it to remind myself.

It isn't about that.

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
In!! Unless something comes up like last month, I will be there both days. Looking forward to a new track and a new bike. I hope the CBR and I can become friends.

djhurayt

I'm officially in
banana.gif
, may have few more XRs joining me

shell015

Anybody know any of these guys that used to own this bike. Former V&H series race bike. There is the Twisted Speed on the tank. It looks like these guys where in the Pittsburgh, PA area. The is a sticker on the front fender that says "BROKE ASS Racing". And it was apparently ridden by an "A" rider in NESBA in the past.

That's Matt Heidel's former bike when he started to race it in 2010 or so. Here's a story from 2013 about him from battling cancer in early 2000's and then back on this bike in 2010: http://www.thetimesnews.com/2013010...cer-local-racer-is-back-on-the-bike/301029840

Matt was a CR for NESBA in the SE region. He did a little CRing with PRE for a year or two, but has now taken a break from track riding. BROKE ASS Racing was just a nickname for a group of him and a few NC buddies who raced a little and did trackdays together. They were always broke...like most of us....

djhurayt

thanks, shell, yes I fully understand the broke part. I may have to leave that sticker on there.

I'm so broke, I can't even pay attention.

imadraver

Make Every Moment Matter!
Control Rider
Great posts; looking forward to seeing everyone. RA is my home track; just ~30 min from my house, totally awesome!

Kurt

Control Rider
RA is my home track; just ~30 min from my house, totally awesome!

I am so totally jealous, Brian. However, it's only 2 hours for me, so that's not too bad at all.
Come on over to say hi. I'll be the knucklehead pulling the track bike there behind a street bike, so I shouldn't be too hard to find.
We'll be there tomorrow late afternoon to early evening.

gixxer4251

If anyone is getting there early afternoon today and sees a black truck pull up with a black and blue bike on the back, come over and say hi....then help me unload the bike please lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kurt

Control Rider
If anyone is getting there early afternoon today and sees a black truck pull up with a black and blue bike on the back, come over and say hi....then help me unload the bike please lol
I'll be there with some friends around mid afternoon or so... If you still need a hand by then, and you see a black and blue bike (other than yours-lol) pulling another bike, come on over and we'll help get you unloaded before we do our own stuff.

Kurt

Control Rider
How'd the weekend at Road A go?
Couldn't make it there for Sunday, Brad.
But Saturday was an amazing day.
1. There were very few mishaps, but to my knowledge, not a single rider was hurt.
2. The weather was perfect. The surface was wet for the first session out, forcing those of us without rain slicks to stay off-pace, and work on line bp, etc. Best way ever to start a track day.
3. I was there with my GREAT friends Bo & Angela Winter. She was told that she is literally within a few LAPS of bumping to I. Bo did bump to I. This is both of their first season on a track. They are both very amazing riders -- and people!
4. Q asked if I'd consider being a CR.
5. Made some new friends, and

bmart

Control Rider
That sounds like a great weekend. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to be there.

Nice comment on riding the wet track and congrats to Bo!

CRing is a blast (and hard work). I hope that you consider it.

Kurt

Control Rider
CRing is a blast (and hard work). I hope that you consider it.
I am.
I'm passionate about helping others be better, and safer riders. I have my own rider course that I do at no cost other than a voluntary donation to my favorite charity. You can find it on facebook at Advanced Safety Course LLC.