Road Atlanta Recap

RyanJG

I'm a firm believer in giving feedback, good and bad.

I just road Sunday (Intermediate), so this will be my one day review.

1. Riders meeting

- Quick, easy, and to the point. Everything was covered and covered well. Aside from the really bad jokes (kidding Huey) it was done well and in a timely manner. Us riders like to get back to the pits and have plenty of time to get everything ready before first session. So thank you for that.

2. Sessions.

- There was no announcement for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd call. This turned out to be a great way to run the sessions in my opinion. It kept the riders spread out evenly instead of having every rider at the line at 3rd call. I typically removed my warmers and headed out as soon as they started sending bikes out. Everything was on time! At 20 after the hour we were rolling. We appreciate when all the riders from the previous session are off the track and we aren't stuck on hot pit waiting. A+ in this category.

3. Control Riders.

- Great job in Intermediate group. I pit with 2 CR's so I seek my advice from them but they did a good job throughout the day in our group.

4. Huey (track day head huncho)

- This is the first track day ive done with him in charge. GREAT JOB! You also get an A+ for your efforts. You are genuinely high spirited and have a passion for motorcycles and it shows. I look forward to another track day with you. Your whole theory about starting at 80% and finishing above 100% is spot on. Great advice and great coaching.

Cons

KEEP THE PIT SPEEDS LOW. There are kids in the paddock. Its mainly advanced group that was continuously blazing through the paddock and doing stoppies before getting on hot pit. Why? Lets enforce this more in the future. Hot pit is a great place if you want to test your brakes before heading out.

Summary.

It was over all a great day. I have no complaints. Every track day ive ever been to says the same thing. "you'll have plenty of track time don't be impatient". Well, we pay good money to ride at the track, we value our time on the track greatly, because every minute were sitting on pit lane....or waiting on the previous session riders to get off track....is valuable time that I'm not learning. This weekend was nailed by N2. Thank you for a great day and keep up the good work.

moman

I just got home from the awesome weekend! This was our first time to RA and we were talking on the drive home about planning for next year. Kappy and Huey did an outstanding job running this event.
My only gripe which I let Kappy know about was someone in advanced group stood their bike up on the kickstand after going down and it was right in the crash zone. The 3 corners leading up to this continuously displayed standing yellow flags but every lap I was passed by at least one bike through there. I knew there was a bike already there but I also approached the yellow flags with the thought in the back of my mind there could be an additional bike down somewhere.

djhurayt

This was my second N2 event, and both have been very well run. My only comments would be a result of my bike trying to kill me this weekend. I was having bike stability issues and wanted to go out at the back of the group to do some investigative riding to try to figure out the switch. (By the way thanks Finn and Huey for the attempts to help me figure it out, I learned some new information that I would like to discuss at some time, I'll PM ya later).

Anyhow, I thought the left staging lane was for the faster riders in the group, and if you felt like you were slow and didn't want to be pressured to get in the right lane which would go out last. It didn't seem to matter Saturday. Some time the left would go first, sometimes the right, sometime part of one line then part of the other . . .

Do I have this left lane right lane thing wrong?

MrFrzz

slow and wide
Anyhow, I thought the left staging lane was for the faster riders in the group, and if you felt like you were slow and didn't want to be pressured to get in the right lane which would go out last. It didn't seem to matter Saturday. Some time the left would go first, sometimes the right, sometime part of one line then part of the other . . .

No, I think you're right as this has been what I've seen as well. My wife saw you out on the husky and I spotted you in the afternoon. From what I saw, you seemed to be moving along pretty good on it. She said that when she saw you out there you looked really quick.

This was also mine and my wife's first time riding Road Atlanta. We loved it.

We didnt have any calls for classes, just watched the clock, and went out when we were supposed to, and it ran very smoothly.

Huey and all of the N2 staff was phenomenal as always.

djhurayt

Bo, I think maybe she saw the guy on he 701 Husky, he was quick. I was on the slow evil Harley that was trying to kill me.

Huey130

Director
Race Director
So awesome!! Thank you for the feedback!
(Except for the bad joke part... my jokes are GOLD! Hahhaha).
I’ll be sure to hit the pit speed warnings a little harder next time. If we’d had PA I would of made some announcements. Along with the passing. We’d gotten a few complaints about both.

Again thanks for the feedback (from all y’all!) and hope to see you again soon!

Huey 80% Stewart. Hahahh

kappy1000

Control Rider
Director
This was my second N2 event, and both have been very well run. My only comments would be a result of my bike trying to kill me this weekend. I was having bike stability issues and wanted to go out at the back of the group to do some investigative riding to try to figure out the switch. (By the way thanks Finn and Huey for the attempts to help me figure it out, I learned some new information that I would like to discuss at some time, I'll PM ya later).

You are correct. Left lane for faster / experienced riders in group. Right lane for riders wanting more time / new to the specific track. We had a couple hiccups with the grid Marshall early on Saturday.

Yamaha851

This is my second weekend, so third and fourth days with N2. I appreciate the schedule always staying on time. There's no question who is on track and when I'm next. It makes things very easy even without a PA.

I was all little disappointed about a 2 hour lunch (I know, city rules) but you guys put that time to great use with the track walk and session with Huey. I can't speak for advanced riders but Huey's class was packed full of good advice for a novice. Very cool addition to the track day.

All control riders were great to work with. There were a handful i talked to through the weekend. Fin rode behind me a couple laps then discussed video afterwards. He even helped check rider sag Saturday night after he noticed me wrenching on the bike. His time really helped the learning curve this weekend.

Overall, I was very happy again with the way N2 runs the show. I'm looking forward to Barber!

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
A big Thanks to all the CRs! I probably exhausted Finn with my constant questions. I also appreciate the video he shot of me. It was an eye opener to see myself from a CRs pov. I really need to work on being more consistent and smooth. Poor Q was stuck with me for the last mile of the track walk. I hope it was as good for him as it was good for me.:laugh: Ed, thanks for pointing out that I was turning in to soon. It might not have seemed like I took your advice but I did try harder to stay on line especially on 10a&b.
I liked how Huey came around the paddock twice just asking how everything was going. It would have given me a chance to say something if I needed to, but being a N2 event there wasn’t much to complain about.
I’m looking forward to my ATP at Barber!

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
And Brian too. He helped me with a lot of my questions while we were setting up the air fence.
Setting up the air fence is a great way to have CRs attention for more than few moments. Just thought I would throw that out in case anyone in on the “fence” about helping. :rofl: Huey feel free to use that joke.