Thank you, Mr Myers

pjzocc

Just wanted to give Len a big THANK YOU for an assist this week! It's been a while since I've been around, but a reach out by Todd to Len, and he was willing to lend a hand for something I'm considering. I am very grateful for his eagerness to help, and I owe him one.

Y'know, it's funny... the people you meet in this sport or this atmosphere, however brief, are some of the most selfless humans you might come across. It's really cool.

And I miss this atmosphere. It's been too long. And, it's about time...

The last five years, I've been busy. Raising my crew, trying to be a good dad, a good husband. Trying to keep touch with friends I've made in this arena. Some successes, some failures. Some I've kept track via the Facetoobs. I've kept fond memories of the "old days" and always smiled of my time spent with this group and those I've shared laps with and beers with. There's a lot I miss about this sport, but mostly it's the people I miss, that make this a worthwhile endeavor.

I don't remember my last day at the track. I surely remember the aftermath. And I certainly remember the friends that made that day much easier on me and my family. The way I left this sport has never set well with me, and I've stewed about it probably more than I should have. I've still kept a bike or two in the garage, content to spin miles on the back roads, or the backyard with The Kids. The passion has never left.

The Wife, she has her reservations. She's expressed. She worries, and will continue to. Moreso now than ever, I would guess. She understands. She gets it. She gets me. It wasn't an easy conversation. It wasn't a slam-dunk. But she gets it. And she understands.

And it's about time.

I've missed you guys. Give me a wave as you pass me going into T1, and try not to run my fatass over on the straight. Should you see me in the paddock, come say "Hi!". I'll be the one hanging out with the readheaded Italian.

And again... THANK YOU Len for the help in my search. You went above and beyond.

Merry Christmas, friends. Happy New Year. I look forward to 2019.

pjzocc

(This is what happens when pJ has a rough day at work and has a couple bourbons. He gets verbose...)

Thanks bmart! Yup, I’m coming back.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
PJ, my friend! I have missed turning laps with you, and hanging out in the paddock drinking good beer after hours. It will be GREAT to see you out in 2019! Looking forward to riding with you again!!!

tdelegram

Control Rider
I remember a guy named PJ from back in the days. I leant him oil at summit, hung out with him at Pitt, we both occupied trauma rooms next to each other and took helicopter rides the same weekend. Then poof we disappeared. I once was lost too, but now am found and glad that you’re finding your way back buddy. Hit me up if you need anything, in advance or while we are out.

Tom

pjzocc

Yes you do!

That’s my Vicenza - 2001 996S Tricolore. Was almost going to make her do double duty (street/track) but she’s in such great condition I couldn’t do it. Hence, the sister!

36329FC6-7649-4EF1-BB44-51A71B939951.jpeg
I see some old school on the right. Sweet...