Opinions about Pilot race suits.

Jgelack

Hi guys, I'm looking to purchase my first one piece race suit and was thinking about ordering a Pilot suit. I'm a slightly bigger than average guy and see that Pilot makes off the rack suits that go up to 54US, with the option of always ordering custom. Whereas most of the Euro suits such as AStars and Dainese only go up to about 50US. Just wondering about Pilot's quality and how well they crash. Thanks again!

bmart

Control Rider
I've heard great things about them but have never put one on. Vanson offers the same standard/custom sizing.

Motofun352

Control Rider
My pilot is well made and survived a couple of "offs" with reasonable damage (to the suit-not me). Their custom sizing process was a little off. They sent me a standard suit (US46 in my case). It fit great so that's what I went with. My suit was a little different. The forearms were very tight (I'm hardly the Pop-eye type!). I eventually had BB alter them when they needed some damage repair. It also was just a little shorter in the torso but no so much that it just might be my imagination. I eventually found I like A-stars better so that's the way I rock now. Hope this helps.

Greg ZX6R

I have a custom Pilot that was not even close to correct fitment. I would suggest buying off the rack and having someone else bring in whatever needs to be adjusted. The liner in the Pilot was also flimsy, with no zipper, only Velcro, but it will shred the liner if the Velcro touches it upon removal.

Greg ZX6R

You might try the Joe Rocket Speedmaster suit. I have an older model and it was cut quite large, and pretty heavy duty; it took multiple crashes well. Sportbiketrackgear.com has them, and though the site says 54 is out of stock, maybe they can give you an idea of when they'll be available.