Best SS Brake Lines

GTBrandon

Looking to upgrade front and rear brake lines to stainless steel. Have a 2005 R6, wondering if there’s a better brand out there. Also what’s the deal with smaller diameter brake lines? Also, does it make sense to upgrade anything else while I have the lines off?

Sorry if this is the wrong section, if it is let me know.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
New after market brakes pads (EBC, Vesrah, SBS), SS single brake lines (one from the MC to each caliper), lastly Motul brake fluid. You'll instantly feel the difference!

bmart

Control Rider
I've tried a few lines and can't tell the difference. I just put a set on the new (to me, '03 R6) track bike I'm building. I bought Goodrich from eBay. I have their brand on one of my cars also. Make sure that the one you order fits your model. https://www.ebay.com/itm/382920488179https://www.ebay.com/itm/382920488179

You'll notice a difference going to better brake pads then the stock GG or HH pads. I run Vesrah RJL and love them. Not grabby but much better performance and feedback than stock. kurvy girl has them for $95 nearly always...

Also, I know that many run "race" brake fluid, but I run Valvoline and have for decades without any issues at all. It is cheap and readily available, frequently on sale at the auto stores. I experience no brake fade at all and change it between seasons and once in the middle of the season. Save your hard earned money for track time, tires, gear, and training!

601458%20Valvoline%20DOT%203and4%20brake.jpg

GTBrandon

Ended up having some Zilla cash laying around, so I got some Galfer front and rear lines. Double line from the MC.

I've ran Motul600 in my cars and bikes for a while now, just because I've seen too many friends almost die from faulty brakes. Those friends were in cars with cages, that's the only reason they didn't die..

I wanted to do a new MC but I don't want to drop $200-300 on one. Thinking just a better set of footpegs, and the rest of track days unless I'm missing something!

bmart

Control Rider
Car brakes on a track make a looot of heat. Enough to glow red and light other things on fire. lol