ATP barber

Fahad

Hi guys, first of all I wanted to say thank you to all the folks who made my first track day a great learning and positive experience (specially the control riders Ed and Chris (I think your name was Chris but sincere apologies if I misheard you - basically the control rider from Baltimore)

To be honest, I am still struggling on the track to get to "normal" speeds and being smooth - I guess I am just trying to make too many decisions at one time

In either case, I wanted to ask do you guys recommend that I get some more street riding time (just been riding a motorcycle for 6 month - few thousand miles) or is it worth it to sign up for the ATP at my current skill level - obviously my first priority like everyone at N2 is to be safe

I need to work on a lot of basic track day concepts like corner entry, exit and smooth

Thanks for all your help!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

tdelegram

Control Rider
If you think you’ll do ATP some day then do it now. You’ll be provided a solid foundation to build upon rather than developing bad habits.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Fahad, thanks for the post and great question! We get this one a lot. The beauty of ATP is that there are no requirements that your riding needs to be at a certain level before you can take it. We have had riders who have never done a track day before who did very well at the ATP. It all depends on your willingness to learn.

Never worry about speed. Speed and pace are a byproduct of well-executed fundamentals.

Come out to an ATP and we will be able to work very close with you to focus on one thing at a time with your riding.

If you have any questions about the program or how the day runs, don't hesitate to reach out!

Thanks!