Glove recommendations

Jgelack

Hi, I’m looking to purchase a new pair of gloves for next track season and wanted to ask you guys for your advice. I’m been looking at the Held Titan Evos and the Racer High Speed gloves. I’ve also been considering a pair of Heroic gloves, but I’ve read some mixed reviews on them. Price really isn’t important, but protection is. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these gloves and can offer their opinions/ recommendations. Thanks again! John

2blueyam

Get the Held Titans. I tried a pair of the Racer gloves based on recommendations. A seam split on me in the first season of riding. No crash, just from wearing them. They were more comfortable than my Helds, but not worth the risk of a seam popping.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Just like a helmet, gloves need to fit properly. Make sure you understand the return policy....just in case.

IronCactus

I won’t use gloves that don’t have plastic palm sliders, preferable Knox sliders. I’ve tested them extensively and believe in their usefulness. I’ve got the Racer gloves and they’ve been great. Crashed them 5 times in 3 years all at the track. After the last off (lowside) in October it’s finally time to retire them for a new pair.

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
I've used the Held Titan Evos. Great gloves. I have a lightly used pair I'm selling. They are size 9 (large basically) if you know what size you need. I went to a half size down so I don't need these any more.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Held gloves have been my go-to for over a decade. Last pair I had were the Phantoms. Currently I'm wearing the Dainese Full Metal 6. The Helds fit me better.
I agree with IronCactus about the plastic Knox sliders. Helds have some stingray sliders in the palm area, but not as much as the Racer gloves.

Also look into the Knox Handroids. I was happy with those as well.

Jgelack

Thanks for the advice guys! I think I'm going the go with the Titans. Everyone that has used Held seem to be very happy with them, I've not heard of any negatives, plus the seem to crash well! I also like that they are made out of premium materials, full kangaroo, Kevlar lined, Stingray, etc. I also agree about the importance of palm sliders, and would feel more comfortable if they had the Knox sliders, as I have no experience with Stingray, but I'm sure Held knows what they're doing and wouldn't put it on their gloves if it didn't work. Thanks again everyone!

Jgelack

I've used the Held Titan Evos. Great gloves. I have a lightly used pair I'm selling. They are size 9 (large basically) if you know what size you need. I went to a half size down so I don't need these any more.
Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately I'm a size 11

damiankelly

Buy two pairs- interchange them between sessions on hot days to let them dry out —they will last longer and not fall apart—plus you will not have to put on sweaty gloves..

bmart

Control Rider
Clean them like you would your leathers. Wash with castile soap and white vinegar. Let air dry. Condition twice by hand while drying. I do this to all of my leathers at the end of every season. If it is a salty/sweaty season, do the same mid season to keep the leather supple. E Z P Z.

asabS1krr

Loving Life
Control Rider
Director
Helds are great. Mine probably saved my finger... at least that's what my hand surgeon said. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk