Race Number

Anthony Clayton

So I signed up for the 26th st Roebling Road and the bike is pretty much all set up, but I don't know where or what to use to display my number required. I know it has to contrast the color of the bike, be on windscreen and tail section for the corner workers, but what should I use? It still has street fairings so something I can peel off after the day is over would be preferred.

bmart

Control Rider
Ccyle Gear has some if you want to look official. They come right off. I've used electrical tape with great results also.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
For street fairings, depending on your bike color, blue painters tape works just fine. Simple numbers like 1 & 7 or combinations of the two are very easy to make from scratch. The manual states that the number should be on the front OR both sides of the tail section. If you only have a number on the front, that is fine.

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I remember my first track day. The guy pitted behind me did just three strips of masking tape. His number was 111.

MM99

Yea right, all that BS was started by over zealous dads in the paddock. If that were true MotoGP would have only one team, one bike and Mark Marquez putting on a riding clinic.
Is your mind really that narrow?
Go out and have fun even if your racing.

MrFrzz

slow and wide
Yea right, all that BS was started by over zealous dads in the paddock. If that were true MotoGP would have only one team, one bike and Mark Marquez putting on a riding clinic.
Is your mind really that narrow?
Go out and have fun even if your racing.

? :confused:

It was a joke reference to Talledega Nights..

Two Smokers Rule

So, I’m sure there’s no one working on their bikes A LOT in the past few days.
I just want to be sure Big Jim’s answer still works. I’m laying out the decals on my SV and if I put numbers on the tail, they would be tiny, or really distorted from all the curves. I’m going to have numbers on both sides of front fairing. Do I have to have numbers on the tail?85DA55CD-DA46-44F3-AA6A-2DDDA431A55E.jpeg

Motofun352

Control Rider
Another option may be on the sides of the belly pan. . Also on the top of the rear tail section. Most of the corner worker stations are elevated.....

tdelegram

Control Rider
If the numbers are just for N2 as long as we can read them from 4 sides of the bike I don’t think it matters, you could even go under the tail if you want. If it’s for actual racing you’ll need to check with that org on rules, for instance the current gen R1’s doesn’t need a number plate on the tail because it’s too small.

bmart

Control Rider
From the N2 manual:

"You will be assigned a riding group and your bike number must be displayed on the front and/or tail section of your bike."

AND

"Bike numbers can be displayed either on the front or sides of the tail section, or on both; at least 6 inches high with no special background required (Intro excluded)"

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Just so you know #337 is not available. :D:D I'm just joking you can choose whatever number you like...

r6blondie

Staff member
Control Rider
So, I’m sure there’s no one working on their bikes A LOT in the past few days.
I just want to be sure Big Jim’s answer still works. I’m laying out the decals on my SV and if I put numbers on the tail, they would be tiny, or really distorted from all the curves. I’m going to have numbers on both sides of front fairing. Do I have to have numbers on the tail?View attachment 7508
Just a # in the front is fine. No need to go crazy. :)

teresa23

place tail number on the top, flat area. imo. I think the front number is mort important.

PM me if you want a specific color or number height for your bike. I can customize vinyl numbers.

black, white, and various metalics to choose from.