NCBike lap times CW vs CCW

Forrest414

How are your lap times looking on the different direction? I'd only ever ridden CW until this year, and only ridden CCW so far this year. Never timed laps going CW... hoping a few of you guys are about to tell me you're a couple seconds faster CW than CCW haha

My best lap the one CCW day I timed was in the 1:35s.

bmart

Control Rider
I'm not sure that anyone has enough miles on it CCW. I can tell you that I was 11 seconds apart, slower CCW, and 14 seconds off with the chicane CCW and w/out the chicane CW. I suspect that more seat time will bring those numbers down significantly. I'm not a big chicane fan because they tend to bring varying entry speeds down the same speed range in a short time and space...creating the potential for contact. Challenging? Yes. More skills to work on.

Forrest414

I don't know yet if I'm a fan of the new chicane. Have they started riding on it again? I've been to NCBike four days so far, and it was only open for the first few sessions of the first day before they realized the pavement wasn't done.

bmart

Control Rider
I believe that it is under repair. As it was coming apart, they moved the cones between sessions, so the rider never really got a handle on speed, turn in, etc. Not the excitement I was looking for! :)

2blueyam

I am about 99.9% sure I am slower CCW than CW, but since I don't have a lap timer, I have no idea by how much. As other have indicated, I am still learning where I can be faster or take a better line CCW, so that is part of it for sure.

mdhokie

I went one weekend in 2019, clockwise, best lap 1:42. Went one weekend earlier this year, counterclockwise, best lap 1:39. Just did two days each way, so equal amount of experience in those times. Don't know how much of the difference is me doing better as a rider, or whether the direction made a difference.

tdelegram

Control Rider
I have never run a lap timer but I feel like a fast A pace would be 1:27-1:30 ccw and a little slower clockwise since you hitting the front straight so much slower cw.

Shifty10

Control Rider
Top 5 Amateur last weekend going CCW was 1:27-1:30. Experts (minus guys like Mesa) were running 1:24-1:28. There weren't many of them, plus that was everyone's first time racing that track and most of us riding that direction. I'd agree with Tom's range for A group. I run about the same in both directions.

The best (or worst) thing about this track is there is no single line that is best. Between how wide the track is and differences in riding style, there are plenty of places you can be faster or slower than the guy next to you. It also makes you have to plan your passes a bit more ahead of time.

See you guys out there!

meanstrk

Control Rider
My PB CW was a 1:28. I have not run a lap timer yet going CCW but was riding with a buddy yesterday and kinda sorta taking it easy and was seeing 29’s and 30’s without too much effort. Different bike for me since I ran CW though.

meanstrk

Control Rider
Like I said, I was taking it easy. About the only time I really tried to rip on it a little was towards the end of Sunday and when the rear gave me multiple warnings while chasing Julien, (Thank you BMW for the electronics that saved my ass!) I packed it in and promptly found that it was down to cords on the left side. I can see 25’s and 26’s being possible on good rubber, but to be honest, I don’t have much desire to push that hard most of the time. My knees don’t like that kind of stuff anymore!

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
Wasn't as warm as the CCS days this weekend either so staying conservative was a better call. It was nice to not feel like we were in a oven there. Just got the stink our of my leathers. LOL

bmart

Control Rider
I was glad to be out of the heat, but what a dramatic change to the weather in general. I'm trying to get to the mountains for a day or two next week and the highs are 60 or so... brrrr

I'm always conservative!