Guess what... Another new guy.

Hey all!
My name's Dave (seems to be pretty common around these parts). I've been riding on and off since the late 90s. Previous bikes include a '97 CBR 900, '01 GSXR 1000 and an '08 GSXR 1000. Current garage houses a '20 Z125 pro, '21 R3 and a '17 GSXR 1000R. I've done a few track days in my time (Misano, some track that I can't remember the name of in Slovenia and a couple of trips to CMP). I'm just getting back into track riding and I'm looking forward to riding with you folks. I'll be attending events at VIR, CMP, the other joint in NC and possibly Road Atlanta. If you see a black Raptor towing a blue gixxer and possibly the R3, come say hi!

See you at the track!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Welcome! The "Other Joint" is NC Bike (aka NCCAR). The guy who manages the track there (Sam) is an awesome guy. We have some great events there and the track is grippy and fun. It can be run either CW or CCW but both directions are fun in their own way.

Everyone on the forum and at the track are very helpful. If there is anything you need or questions you have post up or if you're at the the people pitted around you will certainly help you in any way they can.

Thanks for the welcomes. I’m excited to get back out and see if I still have it. It’s been over a decade since I last rode CMP and that was with STT. I’ll be spending at least my first session(s) in the Novice Group. I’ve been watching some N2 novice footage over the past couple of days on YouTube. Here’s to hoping that I still have some go-fast in me...

bmart

Control Rider
I can't remember when they changed the configuration, but turns 12-14 may be different than you remember. And it was recently paved. :)

Yeah, I seem to remember 12/13 being more squared off than the way they’re currently laid out. Also, I remember the surface at 10 being a couple of different consistencies with expansion joints. It seems that that has changed as well.

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
Yeah, I seem to remember 12/13 being more squared off than the way they’re currently laid out. Also, I remember the surface at 10 being a couple of different consistencies with expansion joints. It seems that that has changed as well.

I remember in 2005 it was the old configuration and I think a few years later the new section was added.

dhelsley22

Team Dave! I'll be at CMP on the 23rd for my first track day, Grey Mt-09 with hi-viz wheels. 2 other guys with fz09s will be there, I think camp site 3 is where we will be hanging out, come say hi!

@dhelsley22 I'll be honest, I'm not even sure if I saw you or your bike. The group was pretty crowded and it was somewhat difficult to take notice of any one bike. Hopefully we run into each other at another event.

dhelsley22

@dhelsley22 I'll be honest, I'm not even sure if I saw you or your bike. The group was pretty crowded and it was somewhat difficult to take notice of any one bike. Hopefully we run into each other at another event.
I spent a lot of my time with the other 2 fz09 guys, and a few racers we made quick friends with. I need to get out and meet more people next time. My buddy is trying to talk me into VIR on the 20th.....

Here's a picture of the three of us, I'm on the left. The guy in the trailer was one of the unfortunate ones that went down in turn 3.51923.jpeg

I spent a lot of my time with the other 2 fz09 guys, and a few racers we made quick friends with. I need to get out and meet more people next time. My buddy is trying to talk me into VIR on the 20th.....

Here's a picture of the three of us, I'm on the left. The guy in the trailer was one of the unfortunate ones that went down in turn 3.View attachment 8361
are you guys doing VIR North tomorrow?