VIR South August 2nd (Monday)

dhelsley22

I'd say it's between 2 or 3/32's. My new tires should be here Friday so I'll be able to get them mounted up, better safe than sorry right, I don't think free burgers will get me through tech....

Motofun352

Control Rider
The penny trick is for car tire siping for water removal. Not really applicable here. There are wear bars on those tires BTW.

dhelsley22

I didn't have a depth gauge handy and know that ol' Abe's head is about 2mm from the edge of a penny, for reference the tread depth on the T31 is 7/32 on the rear and 4/32 on the front. Being as they're less than 50% I'm just going to replace them and see how the S22's feel.

bmart

Control Rider
I can't speak about your tire wear, but mine is usually between the wear indicators (wear bars on DOT and holes on slicks), so they don't tell me much. I'm always amazed at how thin the carcass is as not quite full lean area when I pull them off. As with so many things in my life...I keep a spreadsheet on use and primarily use that to determine when they come off or get flipped.

1627479644454.png

dhelsley22

I have a lot to learn it seems, hopefully next year I can have a dedicated track bike and I'll have to keep track of things in a similar manner!

bmart

Control Rider
ACD and a lot of other acronyms...

Few notes/questions about South:

I'm willing to do a track walk Sunday when they let us, which will likely be 5:30, if there is interest.

VIR normally runs an extra session compared to other tracks, starting on track at 8:30 and being done at 5:30. Is this the case for us?

If so, can we shorten the time for tech?

dhelsley22

Definitely would be interested in a track walk, I see from the Facebook posts that there aren't a lot of people registered, anyway tech might be done the night before? Super excited for this, I'm not sure why more people don't like South.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
ACD and a lot of other acronyms...

Few notes/questions about South:

I'm willing to do a track walk Sunday when they let us, which will likely be 5:30, if there is interest.

VIR normally runs an extra session compared to other tracks, starting on track at 8:30 and being done at 5:30. Is this the case for us?

I'm interested.
Could even shorten tech like last time and do some the night before. Looks like we're going to have another private track day. :)
See you there.

bmart

Control Rider
No one asked, but what I'd like:

Track walk at 6 on Sunday evening.

Tech 7:30-8 Monday morning (I can use the sleep!), followed immediately by rider's meeting at 8.

Open track or 2 groups (20 minute sessions, no longer) 8:30-11:30 and 12:30-17:30

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle

KK and I would be up for this. I may or may not have to bail early depending on how my foot is doing but she will be able to walk the whole track.

Last time we did South we teched (is that even a word?) the night before. It would be awesome if we could do that again. :)

JustAnotherSquid

Oh, and I do understand we were only able to tech the night before due to a very specific set of circumstances, and it would not have been possible otherwise. But if we have that set again it would be great. :)

bmart

Control Rider
Planning to track walk at 6 on Sunday. Anyone interested can join. I've had only ~50 days on the South course, but I'll share what I know.

JustAnotherSquid

Planning to track walk at 6 on Sunday. Anyone interested can join. I've had only ~50 days on the South course, but I'll share what I know.

In the 50ish days you have been at South, have you ever made it all the way through Turn 7 without crashing? Because I could use some tips on that.

twilson70

Will there be tire service tonight and/or early am?? Have got to have tires, and hate to make the trip if they are not going to be there. Thanks!

bmart

Control Rider
That toally didn't suck. Thanks for the chicken and burgers, David. CRs have to eat too. :) Hope to load a few videos tomorrow.