first track day scheduled a month out and i have questions

bmart

Control Rider
As long as they are readable from the corner worker stations, they'll be fine. Many people use painters tape or electrical tape.

tsfleming3

What about when I go choose my pitt area, it say I can go the night before, do I need to take something to designate my space?

Backmarker

Control Rider
Roll in there like you own the place... Just don't take my spot...lol. J/K'n.

You can pit just about anywhere you want. At Pitt only the electrical spots are reserved.

As for numbers that's kind of open too.. Pre made always look better. But the option is yours.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
To designate your spot, I'm assuming you're staying at a hotel? Just pick a spot (not one with electric, those will have cones out front with people's names on them, as they reserved and paid for electric), and leave your bike/canopy there overnight when you go to the motel. Things are safe at the track. If you leave a canopy up, please, please tie it down on all 4 corners with something heavy (tool box, buckets filled with water, etc.) It may not seem windy, but it doesn't take much to launch those things into your neighbor's vehicle.

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
For numbers I bought at sheet of vinyl off Amazon and cutout my own numbers. They aren't perfect but once your going over 30 mph no one cal tell. :)

bmart

Control Rider
You'll need your road permit only if you're riding it on the road (to/from the track or out for fuel during the day). It isn't required on a private road course. As long as the body is secure at apeed, I don't think it would be a problem. Actual bolts would be better and more secure, and may hold up better if they're in an incident. My bodywork doesn't line up great. I use bolts anywhere I can and zipties elsewhere.