Search results

1. meanstrk

The MotoAmerica Thread

I saw a write up from MA about the top 15 potential winners of the 200. ON it was Kayla Yaakov and Teague Hobbs, but no Blake Davis. I was like Um, he ran up front last year and won two Twins Cup Championships in a row. What would he NOT be on the list when someone that has never even ran the...
  2. meanstrk

2018 BMW S1000RR

Damn. Thanks for that. We’ll start the bidding at $11,500 and move the goal from there.
  3. meanstrk

2018 BMW S1000RR

2018 BMW S1000RR · Driven 34,586 miles 2018 BMW S1000RR. Injury is forcing retirement so it’s time to let go one of the best bikes I have owned. Full Armour Bodies bodywork. Full Hindle exhaust. Lightech chain adjusters. Brembo RCS19 brake master. Axle Sliders in front. Brand new Shorai...
  4. meanstrk

Looking for a paint shop

Yeah. That turn……
  5. meanstrk

Looking for a paint shop

^ Good Point. I still offer discounts to paint customers on bodywork as well.
  6. meanstrk

16-19 ZX10 Armour Bodies bodywork NEW

Brand new in the box 2016-2019 Kawasaki ZX10 Armour Bodies with Superbike seat base and pad. Retail is $1224.98 shipped. Selling for dealer cost + shipping. $935. Located at the Trading Paint shop in Carthage, NC. This price is for pick up only since shipping would only put pricing in the area...
  7. meanstrk

2015 Yamaha R1M

2015 R1M. 8600 miles. Track ready, and I do mean track ready. Add fuel and check tire pressures and send it. This will come with a set of stands and tire warmers. Mods? Yeah, it has some. MotoHolders fairing stay. Motion Pro throttle. Full ABS delete with brand new brake lines up front. CRG...
  8. meanstrk

2015 R1M

Here is a unique opportunity. I am selling my 2015 R1M with 8400 miles. How many times have you found a great deal on a bike but not a huge fan of the paint job? In this case, for the asking price, I will paint in the buyer’s choice with up to 3 colors. Woodcraft rearsets. E/T clip ons...
  9. meanstrk

23 zx6r race fairings

Where are you located? I can’t drop ship out of NC. I do tiered discounts depending on getting paint work done or not. September deal is free shipping and a set of fasteners. Saves you $110 in retail pricing. If you want specific info on pricing, drop me a txt. 910. 546. 5985
  10. meanstrk

BRAKE FAILURE.....Have you experienced one?

Honestly? None, other than being a completely stock system. I have been told the ABS pump is prone to cavitating and resulting in no lever, but I can’t confirm. I CAN tell you that this will NOT be a stock brake system when it is ridden again.
  11. meanstrk

Let's talk about using the rear brake

I have a pretty inherent dislike for Moss. He has his place for sure, but it ain’t in a track paddock. I dealt with his “engineered dependence “ when I was crew chief and his recommendations to the rider were not helping and killing tires. I made my own changes and sent him out and not only was...
  12. meanstrk

Well, I did say I experienced “failure”. As in, I pulled the lever and it came back to my knuckles. Not fade. Not weak. Just not there. It was there just fine 10 seconds before. Brake fade is typically attributed to fluid getting hot And directly contributes to a weak lever. You will usually get...
  13. meanstrk

To BAIL or NOT TO BAIL, and is there a best method?

You are one of the few that have seen what I am dealing with first hand. I HIGHLY recommend just making the corner!
  14. meanstrk

I have heard of it before on R1’s, but not enough to warrant any proclamation about them being a problem. I have seen other bikes run into head shake problems as well, I will say however, I don’t get this issue on my BMW S1000RR at all.
  15. meanstrk

Guess what I did the day before mine went to shit?
  16. meanstrk

I personally dealt with this very issue many years ago. Brand new bike build and cheap knock off levers resulted in front brakes locked up on Lap 1. Never again.
  17. meanstrk

As some of you know, I experienced failure at CMP last month, resulting in 18 rib fractures, broken sternum, broken Scapula, and punctured and collapsed lungs. Very bad. Do not recommend. Why did the brakes fail? I have been dealing with brake fade/ weak lever on this bike, (R1M) primarily due...
  18. meanstrk

Tire warmers

I look at it like this: Warmers are cheap insurance for that first lap, and if you are spending two laps a session rolling around trying to get heat in the tires, you blow the equivalent of an entire session through the day, which decreases your ROI for the track costs.
  19. meanstrk

Share your first track day experience!

^ Much appreciated. I do enjoy what I do even though it’s a slow process at the moment.