Search results

1. jsin38

2006 GSX-R600

2006 GSX-R600 turn-key track bike. Bike has served me well since I bought it in 2013. From Summit Point to Daytona, this one has been rock steady reliable. Tires have two track days on them. The last one at VIR full with the “fresh as new butter” pavement. They are good to go and still have more...
  2. jsin38

GSXR error code

The gremlins have struck my 06 GSXR 600. I was having an awesome day at Palm Beach International Raceway on Sunday and then, the rain came. I didn't crash, but the bike got a good soaking. Packed it up, headed home, and when I went to check it over, it wouldn't start. Dreaded FI warning on...
  3. jsin38

Teknic suit

Just upgraded to a one piece suit and I'm looking to sell my original two piece, Teknic Chicane suit. Size 42. Never crashed, all seams and zippers intact. Two sets of knee sliders included. I bought it new in 2008 for about $350. I'll part with it for $150. Perfect for a new rider getting...
  4. jsin38

Tax holiday

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-virginia-hurricane-preparedness-sales-tax-holiday-begins-saturday-20130523,0,5938757.story?track=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter A good opportunity to save some money on supplies. If you think about it, what's the difference between your track day...
  5. jsin38

Must see TV

Some of you die hard two stroke fans will love this. http://www.autoevolution.com/news/watch-the-unrideables-the-retro-gp-documentary-59406.html I remember watching these on TV back in high school. I would even skip detention (only to get more detention) in order to make it home in time to...
  6. jsin38

possibly pointless post

But it seems that Miller Motorsports Park has ruined itself: http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/rider-safety-disregarded-new-steel-barriers-installed-in-impact-zones-at-miller-motorsports-park/#.UYbVtWSCJYc.facebook Just a few weeks ago I found an organization called Apex Trackdays that runs...
  7. jsin38

bike shopping

I'm shopping around online for a used sport bike that would make a capable track bike. It seems like the GSX-R is very popular here. That puts it at the top of the list as I've learned that it can be a big advantage having a common platform in the pits. It makes buying/renting/borrowing spares...
  8. jsin38

WSBK viewing options

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered. Feel free to remind me of the search feature :) So Fox Sports now owns Speed Channel and they have no coverage of WSBK this season. Last year, Biaggi won the title by .5 points. Add that to the fact that they are using bikes that I can...
  9. jsin38

Bike storage

Specifically, bike storage in an apartment. The lease is up early next year and I have to keep my options open so I'm wondering if there are many or any of us here who have pulled the bike up from the parking garage, onto the elevator, down the hall and through the front door of an apartment...
  10. jsin38

SV650 Track/Race for sale

For Sale: 1999 Suzuki SV650 Track Bike This bike is for track use only. It has served me well for the past three seasons. Selling because I am moving to a Ducati for track days. Goodies include: Goodridge braided steel brake lines Brembo 19x18 radial master cylinder Vesrah RJL brake pads...
  11. jsin38

Dead Horse/SpeedTV

I come not here to bury SpeedTV, but to dig it up and beat it with a bat. Bust my hump to get yard work done so I can watch MotoGP and what do I get...NasTruck! Wonder if I get to see an already spoiled MotoGP race from Jerez? :argh:
  12. jsin38

Arai Removal Assist Hood

Anyone know where to buy one of these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf_Rce5hlXs Any thoughts on this item versus the ShockDoctor Eject system? Not that I plan to crash mind you, just that I like accounting for as many variables as possible.
  13. jsin38

Nelson Ledges 6/20

Nelson Ledges is in 10 days. Who's in?
  14. jsin38

NJMP Lightning 5/16

Awesome day yesterday. Thanks to Dale, Kubricky, Lou, Bobby G, Laws, Lenny, and any other CR I may have missed. BTW, how is the rider of the Rossi replica Yamaha? I didn't see the crash, but it goes without saying that his bike expended a lot of energy. I just hope he is OK or soon will be.
  15. jsin38

Battery!

No, not the Metallica tune. That thing that makes the motorbike start. Mine died today about a mile from the house and left me with a beautiful Ducati 851 that would not start. So, I pushed it home. The best part? It has nearly a full tank of fuel to add to the resistance. What a workout! I...
  16. jsin38

Brrrr!

It's 12 degrees here.:eek: I hope everyone has taken precautions to keep those precious water only cooling systems safe. Mine is hiding in an insulated garage next to a space heater.
  17. jsin38

online machine shop

I have not used this site but it might come in handy someday. www.emachineshop.com Who knows, it might be useful during the next track bike conversion where I need fairing brackets or a fancy dash panel to hold the GPS laptimer that Santa has promised me.