Search results

1. Trent1098S

Been awhile

Been awhile, but, I'm still sucking air so it can't be all that bad. Haven't been on the board in a long time. Last week the doc finally got me on the docket for my ankle surgery, scheduled for May 26, so decided to jump on today to see what the schedule looks like mid-late June. Was hoping for...
  2. Trent1098S

Who's da man..

Caption This:
  3. Trent1098S

Update

Didn't feel like diggin' back for the Chronicles thread, but wanted to post an update because a couple people asked me to. Been a couple of months since my off at RA, and I wish I could say things have improved, but for the last month, they haven't. Think I need to vent a little anyway so here...
  4. Trent1098S

750 credits (split in 250)

Still injured and won't be able to use these. Figured I'd sell them and pay off some of my $2500 medical insurance deductible from my highside at RA. $225 for 250 $425 for 500 $635 for 750 Not sure if my crash credits can be transferred (I assume they can NOT be, so they're not included)...
  5. Trent1098S

Installing a grip...

What's the best adhesive to use for getting a grip on and getting it to stick?
  6. Trent1098S

Time for another helmet..

OK been a month since I've crashed, and I'm getting the itch to get back on the bike again. Time to go helmet shopping. I know there's been a lot of threads on helmets in the past, but I want feedback specifically from those who've crashed and had a head impact. If you've had an adventure...
  7. Trent1098S

Electric Bikes...

Dunno if anyone's posted this before, but I got an e-mail from them today and thought this was pretty cool. Brammo Empulse... 100+ MPH and 100 mile range motorcycle... http://www.brammo.com/empulse/ The 60 mile range version costs $10k. Wonder which is cheaper though, the electricity to feed...
  8. Trent1098S

Road America

Fifteen pages of roll call leading up to Putnam, nothing on RA? Not going to be there all by myself am I? That'd be a blast... :) Sound off if you're going! Got only one question, the rest I'll figure out on my own. Can I show up sometime tomorrow and drop my stuff off, or do we show up...
  9. Trent1098S

WTB: 2007 GSX-R1000 Wheels

Looking for a spare set of 2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000 wheels. Anyone got some? :)
  10. Trent1098S

Pirelli Tires Available

I'm selling off my Pirelli R*** this weekend at Putnam. $300 cash. They're 120f 190r. They were purchased last summer, and have been run two sessions in the wet (during a drizzle, not merely on damp track). I was happily dragging a knee through Turn 6 at Blackhawk, got a bit throttle happy...
  11. Trent1098S

Blackhawk Rain Photos 6-5-2010

I'm no Granzow or Gronfor... but with the absense of any track photographers Saturday I shot a few pics in the rain at Blackhawk. Props to all you "all weather" riders out there (there weren't many, be proud!!)
  12. Trent1098S

Congrats Jordan (Greeny)

Someone had an orange shirt on this weekend... Congrats buddy. You've been such a huge help to me over the last year getting my pace up, and helping me improve as a rider, it was a good feeling to see you out there on the track with the CR shirt on helping people. Your weekend got a rough...
  13. Trent1098S

I got the fever...

And the only cure is more go-fast. You know, I took enough time off after the crash in April that I was kinda, sorta, almost, like, "cured". Off the boards, not thinking about bikes, blah blah blah.. Then I go to Blackhawk this weekend and those hooks got in deep again. It's all I can think...
  14. Trent1098S

Ducati 1098S Marchesini Wheels

Well, the time has come to sell off some stuff. On the chopping block, Ducati wheels: Set of forged marchesini 1098S wheels. Under 1000 miles, flawless. Asking $1750 + shipping. Brembo HP Rotors for Ducati 1098, used one day, perfect shape. Asking $550. Titanium rotor bolts for Ducati...
  15. Trent1098S

Quick and Dirty Fiberglass repair..?

My 1098 tailsection is pretty busted up. It's a two-piece deal. The upper sharkskin piece is, well, in pieces. The lower FACTORY piece (basically a heat shield, since it has undertail exhaust) is busted down the middle. The lower piece has plastic clips that the top piece slides on - those...
  16. Trent1098S

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can't stand it anymore. I haven't ridden a motorcycle since April BHF. I will see some of you fools this weekend at Blackhawk. Doing learning curves, then getting humbled on Sunday. I don't care about lap times, whether I win or lose, or even if I come in last place. Track time is track...
  17. Trent1098S

Turn One Status

Just a question.. After reading Marshall's post, I wasn't entirely clear on the status of Turn One trackside support the rest of this season. Will there be tire service at Putnam? I gotta flip my rear on the gixxer before that track eats what little is left on the right side for breakfast...
  18. Trent1098S

Jim Riley Update

I talked to Mary last night. She said when she talked to Jim yesterday evening, he remembers everything that happened very clearly and was "very much himself" again. I'm going to pass on a HUGE thank you on Mary and Jim's behalf to the EMT's at Blackhawk. Mary said the EMT's quick action on...
  19. Trent1098S

Trying to contact someone...

Jim (?) I think.. lives in Aurora, works at a Honda dealer... got a certain CB750 I need to pick up that he hauled from Blackhawk for me after last year's chilli cookoff. I lost his number when I flashed my phone and I'm sure he's getting tired of storing the bike, anyone know how to get ahold...
  20. Trent1098S

The I am impatient thread.

I WANNA GO FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!!!!!!!! Still two weeks to go. I keep looking at the calendar constantly, but so far it's not making it get here any quicker. I've practically buried myself in work lately to keep myself occupied and not thinking about it. Worked close to 60 hours this week and...