Search results

1. Dickie

2011 ZX-10R Race/Track Bike

Price drop $7300
  2. Dickie

Thanks man. If you get serious, let me know. It's the perfect CR bike for sure.
  3. Dickie

2011 ZX-10 R $7700 I'm going to take a break from the big bikes for a bit, so there's no need to keep the Ninja around. I just had the bike out at Road Atlanta in June for some control rider work. Runs amazingly, handles like a dream, and stops extremely well. The bike was purchased new here...
  4. Dickie

2009 Ducati 1198 Street Bike

You're looking at a very nice 2009 Ducati 1198. The bike is a blast to ride, and needs nothing. It was just serviced, has fresh new Michelins, and has been adult owned and garage kept it's whole life. The Termignoni exhaust sounds amazing, and she's ready for the warm days ahead. I always...
  5. Dickie

Any R3 track tips/advice?

No worries. I'm not saying that you can stick the throttle wide open as soon as you feel comfortable, but you can certainly start to apply the throttle much much sooner than you're able to on a larger sport bike. The tactic is simple... 1. Find a solid throttle marker/indicator near or on...
  6. Dickie

Cool. If you're not looking to mod just yet, just remember. They aren't super capable in stock form like a regular 600, 750 or 1000. If at any point you find yourself saying, "I can't seem to get it to do XYZ" it may not be your skills... it may be a shortcoming of the bike. Which is almost...
  7. Dickie

If it's not in track trim, I'd start with the following... Race pads, and lines Rearsets (stock peg height is not great) Front springs, and a rear spring since the stock stuff is pretty soft The guys from http://www.yamahar3racing.com/ has some awesome blog posts on the bike and what mods...
  8. Dickie

2009 NINJA 250r race/track bike

Bump 2600
  9. Dickie

camping at Road Atlanta on Easter weekend

Und Understood. Let me punt this one to the directors and get you an answer.
  10. Dickie

camping at Road Atlanta on Easter weekend

I'm sure one of the directors will be here shortly, but we've always had campers and folks stay in the pits overnight. It makes for an awesome weekend.
  11. Dickie

Bump for the new season! $2800
  12. Dickie

If you're looking for a great track bike that won't break the bank the 250 is the only way to go. This particular 250 is ready to go, and has all the modifications you'd want in a track bike. You can run half a season on the same set of tires, and run all weekend for as little as $10 in fuel. It...
  13. Dickie

2015 Yamaha r3 $2600

Will you be at any of the SE events for N2 or WERA?
  14. Dickie

Road Atlanta 3/26 - 3/27

Raul is an awesome photographer, and he's a hell of a nice guy to boot. He's been making me look fast for years. Give HighSide Photo a like on FB for great teaser shots from the weekend. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1064392110284304.1073741912.206072999449557&type=3
  15. Dickie

Bridgestone VO2 vs Pirelli Superbike Pro Slick

You'll love the Pirellis. James Bock at Podium Motorsports has always been helpful when it comes to buying and setting up a bike on Pirellis.
  16. Dickie

Barber in November

Glad everyone had an awesome time. It was a great way to wrap the year. Looking forward to seeing you all again next year.
  17. Dickie

Barber and tires

Glad to see you're going with new rubber. Barber has two infamous left hand turns that are extremely important... Charlotte's web - off-camber left-hander that is a very tricky turn. Turn 16 - comes onto the front straight, and you'll want all the drive/grip you can get. Awesome track, but...
  18. Dickie

Trailer living for July 4th weekend.

Hey Raul, the Road Atlanta layout is pretty "undefined" on their site, but I can tell you that they have some 50 and 30A plugs in the pits for RV's, as well as some 110v options. By some, I mean less than 15 the last I counted. You'll want to get there super early to ensure you get a shot at...
  19. Dickie

dB limit for Road Atlanta

Hey Raul, to answer your question, there really isn't one that will impact a track day. We've run super-vintage stuff there, and new R1M Superbikes there without issue. The track hosts drift events, as well as Petit LeMans races, so whatever you're planning on bringing should be fine.