Search results

1. Kurt

Roebling Road - 3/13 & 3/14

Going for both days. Can't wait!!!
  2. Kurt

New CR in the house.

I really enjoyed spending the weekend with you, Skip. I think you'll love doing the CR thing. When you "give a little back to the sport", you get a lot back in the form of satisfaction, knowing that other riders are better and safer because of your coaching. It's an amazing feeling. Hope to...
  3. Kurt

Road Atlanta on Independence Day Weekend

It was a fantastic weekend, MrFrzz. There were a few flags, but nobody got hurt. I don't think I've ever been so dehydrated as I was on Sunday. I was guzzling Gatorades between each session, but it just didn't seem to be enough. I think I need to start liquidating more, and sooner. I'm so...
  4. Kurt

Only half the crowd here today, compared to yesterday. Looks like it'll be another fantastic day!
  5. Kurt

Okay people; with all the conflicts on this weekend, and around it, who's going to Road Atlanta this weekend, and on what days. I'll start: Arriving late afternoon on Friday. Riding both days. Returning late on Sunday. https://www.facebook.com/events/1229916803826376/
  6. Kurt

The Art of Effective Motorsports Coaching

I sent a pm to David's facebook page. You could find him there too. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008455601596
  7. Kurt

That is awesome Dave!!!!!
  8. Kurt

Winter Woes

That looks like an amazing amount of fun, Brad! I had to share it on my Facebook page.
  9. Kurt

Tire Temperature Monitors

Thanks once again A.J.! I pretty much have these things covered, and I preach the same sermon to others. However, continuous practice and reminders are always welcome. Here's why I'm asking... When I enter the track, the temps are low. When I exit, they're higher. At exiting track temps, I have...
  10. Kurt

That is an absolutely awesome way to put it, A.J. Thank you!! Even though it's "nothing but a number", can't I still expect a different "limit of grip" when that number is higher, than I can when it's lower? Yes, smooth will make you faster, but fast will never make you smooth. Definitely...
  11. Kurt

Looking for recommendations... First--is it a good idea to use tire temperature monitors on the track, and will it pass tech inspection? Next--What would be a good choice for an accurate, waterproof system? (I will still ride in a light rain.) Explanation--due to limited trailer space and...
  12. Kurt

New Here

Welcome Dave. It's great to have you here. I think you'll enjoy the group.
  13. Kurt

This book is a great read for a Control Rider, a Director, or anyone who just offers pointers and riding tips to friends. The book is well worth its $22 price. Contact David Beyer at: (315) 771-2747 or send him an e-mail at 92vmax@imcnet.net...
  14. Kurt

Winter Woes

Great responses here, thanks!!! Brad, yep -- never enough track days. David, that looks interesting, thanks! sti2.5ldohc, greatfully, we don't get a whole lot of snow here in South Carolina. I'll take the Gold Wing about an hour north to go skiing in Maggie Valley occasionally, but the bike...
  15. Kurt

Winter Woes

Ha ha. Thanks Judy. I'm actually looking at home motogp simulators. It's not much more expensive than a home exercise machine, but they're built in Spain, and it doesn't look like they ship to the USA. Anyone here have a boat?! LOL
  16. Kurt

Winter Woes

Looking for recommendations for some new and original ideas that help get through the winter. Okay, so for me skiing helps, though here in South Carolina, I don't do that as much as when I was a northerner. We have a 12 month riding season here, but with tire temps that never rise for the...
  17. Kurt

Roll Call - Road Atlanta Oct. 20-21

I am. I'm passionate about helping others be better, and safer riders. I have my own rider course that I do at no cost other than a voluntary donation to my favorite charity. You can find it on facebook at Advanced Safety Course LLC.
  18. Kurt

Couldn't make it there for Sunday, Brad. But Saturday was an amazing day. 1. There were very few mishaps, but to my knowledge, not a single rider was hurt. 2. The weather was perfect. The surface was wet for the first session out, forcing those of us without rain slicks to stay off-pace, and...
  19. Kurt

I'll be there with some friends around mid afternoon or so... If you still need a hand by then, and you see a black and blue bike (other than yours-lol) pulling another bike, come on over and we'll help get you unloaded before we do our own stuff.