Search results

1. Eddie

Dunlop Q3s, GPA Pros, slicks, used

I have a set of Q3s, 180 and 120 used with track/street life left. I'll let go for $50 for the set. One set of GPAs 190 and 120, used with track life left. $75 for the set. One Dunlop slick front 120. only one track day on it. $100. Damn these things pile up quick!!
  2. Eddie

SC1 rear SC2 front, used

Since I put a new set on for the CCS races, I've more than I'll be able to use this year. 1 set for sale, pirelli slicks 180/60 SC1 120/70 SC2 used, with a few days on them. Plenty left. I was going to race them but opted not at the last minute. $200
  3. Eddie

Get excited!! CCS 19-20

Vinny, you are slacking!! I'm getting stoked. Race weekend #2, and last race of the year for me. Would LOVE to drop 1 more second to end the year. GTU Saturday, and a few slick tire races Sunday. So excited!!!! Who's going?
  4. Eddie

Motion pro pressure gauge

Finally got a proper tire gauge. Took a while to work up to spending 90 bucks on one. This thing says to remove the plug it comes with, and replace it with the plug and brass valve to have the option to equalize the internal pressure. Does anyone do this? Any issue with the fluid leaking out...
  5. Eddie

CCS Summit 24-25

I've been waiting for Vinny to open this one up, "get excited!!" lol There have been many "firsts" for me since I got into this sport last year: First trackday, awesome! First bump, badass! First knee down, oh yeah! First crash, oops.. First time stuffing Emerson into T1........okay..okay.. Now...
  6. Eddie

new to Pirelli tires

Had a Dunlop rear with 5 days on it going back to October 2016, when I showed up to a cold Summit Point track a couple weeks ago. The track was an issue as I was not the only one struggling with traction early that day, but as the struggle continued I decided that it must be a combination of...
  7. Eddie

Main the 21st

Haven't seen a roll call on this one yet,...(i don't think) Who's going to be there? I'm going to make it a point to try to meet some of you. I'll be the yellow and blue (and primer/fiberglass) R6. Don't run from me this time Emerson. I want to know what it's like getting passed by a real Moto...
  8. Eddie

R6 throttle cable help...

Trying to get this thing put back together. I have a 2007 R6. Had the throttle bodies off to put in block off plates, new plugs, and new throttle cable from Motion Pro. Put it back together, when I put the new cables into the throttle tube, they are too long. Way to much slop in the throttle...
  9. Eddie

Ride dirt?

Have been tossing around the idea of getting a dirt/trail/MX bike to have something to play with as the track season comes to a close. Just curious if anyone else does any off season dirt training? Do you find it beneficial to your track riding?
  10. Eddie

Slapper opened calipers

Wanted to put this out there for question, comment, and good info that may save someone from a bad day. Has anyone ever heard of a violent slapper opening the front calipers? I did my first track day March of this year, been through novice classes in three organizations, and have never heard of...
  11. Eddie

Next bike upgrade??

Let me start by saying that I chase rider improvement to exhaustion. I read books. I watch videos. I go out with a plan. I seek CR input. I absolutely love experiencing progression in this sport. When something finally clicks for me, I feel it. When I do it right it all seems simpler...
  12. Eddie

all you toy haulers out there

Going to pick up my new to me toy hauler on Thursday. I'm super stoked! Traded in my travel trailer. Loading the bike in the back of an F350 is always a little sketchy at best. Especially when you can't find a ditch to park the rear wheels in. Extra tough at the end of a track day as well...
  13. Eddie

Bumps from others??

Hey guys. Please forgive me, but I couldn't wait until Saturday, and I had the opportunity to ride with another organization....so I took it. Actually it was a Monday off, away from work, beautiful weather. What can I say, I'm hooked! Anyway, question is, does N2 honor bumps from Motorcycle...
  14. Eddie

Shenny 4/3

What a day! My legs are so freakin' sore!! The night before I camped at the track. Was pretty sure my camper was going to get blown over and I'd wake up on my head. Wind was ridiculous. Woke up that morning, checked the weather on the iPhone, a feels like of 19 degrees with 25 mph winds! Was...
  15. Eddie

Too much wheel weight??

Am I being paranoid? Just put a new Dunlop Q3 on the rear of an 07 R6, getting ready for upcoming track day. The wheel took 1 7/8 oz's to balance out. Is almost 2 oz's too much?? I only have 1/8oz weights, so it took 15 of them. Maybe it just looks worse than it is? Any input would be much...
  16. Eddie

broken exhaust manifold studs

Just picked up an R6 that I've been eyeballin' for a few weeks. Super excited to have it. (2007), completely stock. Ordered a y-pipe to remove the catalytic converter. While removing the stock exhaust, I snapped the two studs in the middle of the head, leaving about 1/4in of the studs...
  17. Eddie

Back pad with back protector??

Have a feeling this is a stupid new guy question, but...here goes... I recently got a back protector after reading how highly recommended they are by many organizations. My question is, do you keep the foam pad that's already in the leathers or take it out when using a separate back protector?
  18. Eddie

GSXR1000 or R6

Just got started doing track days last fall. Bought a GSXR1000 and was able to purchase and borrow enough gear to do one "intro" session day before the season closed. Since then, all winter I've been putting together gear and working on the bike to get well prepared for next season. Now I'm...
  19. Eddie

How do you get thru winter!?

Hey Guys! Did my first ever track sessions (Intro Group), at summit this past September. What a great group of people to meet. Everyone was super helpful, welcoming, and seemed to understand how nervous and intimidating this day can be. Les ('ol beat up kawasaki mahn!) even lent a few tools...