Search results

1. S

Rear tire choices

The SC2 in 190/60 "exists" but i havent seen it. I personally never use an SC2 rear so I haven't looked very extensively.
  2. S

Rear tire choices

Yes it will work. Those of us who run pirellis all transitioned to the 190/60 rear last year for all compounds. The biggest difference I personally noticed was feeling a lot more edge grip at full lean.
  3. S

Barber pot luck

the more the merrier. its open to everyone
  4. S

Barber Track Info

1. No 2. should be able to access the paddock any time after about 4PM on Friday. The gate is manned all night for the weekend.
  5. S

Word up ya'll...

must be thinking of a different R1...
  6. S

Looking forward to NC Bike 9/18 - 9/19

not actually sure of the reasoning. I personally prefer it because that is how we race it, but agree that variety is always good.
  7. S

Looking forward to NC Bike 9/18 - 9/19

the only way worth running at this point...
  8. S

NCBike chicane?

its in the middle of the big bowl. Turn 7 CCW.
  9. S

Best advice from a Coach/Control Rider?

Just send it and hope for the best.
  10. S

TRS mounting

can you drop the tank, mount the TRS then put the tank back on?
  11. S

DC/Maryland to NCBike

wow. not to add insult to injury, but I missed this entirely too. I am in columbia and can possibly help out depending on schedules. I can carry 8 bikes on pit bulls and one or two in the truck so space usually isnt a limiting factor.
  12. S

Anyone now a good repair shop

where is your buddy located?
  13. S

Pitt 7/10

There has definitely been some interesting points you all bring up. I want to call out a specific statement above: This is something everyone at all levels has to contend with, particularly with different displacement bikes. As difficult as it is to judge the closing speeds sometimes, it is...
  14. S

Pitt 7/10

haha. didn't take it that way, even if it was a complaint, that is fine too. We are always looking for ways to make the overall experience better in the safest way possible. As for the spots available, I will have to defer to a staff member for a specific number on spots, but looking at the...
  15. S

Pitt 7/10

Those are all valid points. Summit Main is definitely a bit tricky due to the layout of the track. Pitt has many more opportunities and "straights" that allow for more passing, particularly in Novice group. Sometimes it can be frustrating, but there is always the option to come down "hot...
  16. S

Pitt 7/10

If you want a spot for any track day, it is always best to sign up early, especially for Pitt. Weather watching is usually never the right choice as race tracks seem to have their own weather patterns that most apps don't predict correctly even 24 hours out. If you have the elite membership...
  17. S

Tire Tread to pass tech

Honestly, at the end of the day the reason for the rule is safety. Tires degrade in performance with wear but also with time and heat cycles. Short answer to your question: if the wear bars are flush with the tread, it will NOT pass tech. My personal philosophy, a set of new tires is cheap...
  18. S

Number of riders?

I personally have zero experience on Michelins so I can't provide any meaningful insight on their performance. At the end of the day it always comes down to rider preference. What makes up that preference varies by rider: "I like the feel better of XXXX vs XXXX", "XXXX tire gives me more...
  19. S

Number of riders?

Depending on your experience level and riding style, there is an incredibly wide range of tires that will work for you. Some common choices for track days are Dunlop Q3/Q3+/Q4, Pirelli TD or super corsa. all of those tires perform across a wide range of conditions and riding styles, with and...
  20. S

Looking for trailer recommendations

Crazy how many people don't realize this.