Search results

1. GeorgeB

Looking for shop to apply a wrap

https://www.designstar3.com/ Are out of PA but are 2 hours from NJMP and do full wraps for bikes, cars, trucks and trailers. Wraps are pretty common these days and most auto body shops do it too.
  2. GeorgeB

Mid Ohio N2 2024

I rode with STT many years ago at Mid Ohio , in the Monte years, and had a great time. I did coach a few co events with them and TPM at VIR a few times and at Barber and Road America. All were great days. Would love to Mid Ohio again too. However the covette museum this year is on my todo list...
  3. GeorgeB

2001 Yamaha R6 Track bike.

Also qualifies for ARMRA vintage racing too
  4. GeorgeB

Sport bike a must?

Your going to get a lot of information your first day so riding a bike your comfortable on would be helpful. And like Judy said use it to see if you like trackdays. I started on a gs500 and today on the smaller tracks like Shenandoah and Jefferson I use my KLX300sm (baby motard)
  5. GeorgeB

Best solution for two sports bikes in truck bed?

3 years ago I converted to the Pitbull so after 20 years of strapping bikes down to trailer and in truck beds. I've used similar methods to what you do too and all worked fine. As long as you get to and from the track it's all good.
  6. GeorgeB

2 ramps works best or I used to have a ATV ramp that was the full width of the bed. I've seen cooler and crates kinda work on small and mid size trucks but most full size trucks are too high of a step to make with just a crate. Another CR has a lifted full size truck and uses 2 ramps too.
  7. GeorgeB

Tailgate down with bed extender (also is a ramp) I have room in front of the bikes for either unmounted spare tires or folding chairs. In the bed had a flatspot that determined where the PitBull TRS plates went and it helped give me room for longer bikes if needed.
  8. GeorgeB

I fit 2 bikes in the bed of a Nissan Frontier with the Pit Bull Trailer restraints (used under the bike not behind) So a mid to full size truck is no problem for 2 bikes. I used a folding 8+ foot ramp and a tailgate extender/ramp as well. I walk up the tailgate ramp and put the bike on the...
  9. GeorgeB

GoPro mounts and locations

I've put them mid way down the side of fairing. Forward to see the front wheel and facing backwards to see my foot placements. On the triple to see forward though the windscreen and backwards to see my head and upper body movement. Granted that the 1st gen one so no fisheye lens so limited view.
  10. GeorgeB

Track Gloves: shorter Fingers —Recommendations?

If you don't want new gloves https://www.sagetailoring.com and Lizzy Leather do alterations too. I've had work done on my suits and gloves by Sage and he does great work. Typically he's at Pittrace and does on site fixes. He pit a full zipper in my suit and patched it about 4 hours, so...
  11. GeorgeB

NCBike: Hotel recommendations

or missing things
  12. GeorgeB

NCBike: Hotel recommendations

It's hard there because it's either higher priced like Hilton and Hampton Inn or the lower priced one that aren't the best. I book the Hilton at the start of season, with the day before cancellation, and signup as the member to get some discounts Avoid the Super8 at the track exit and the...
  13. GeorgeB

PittRace "Red Flags" and the kink, questions?

It could be and sorry if I was wrong but his head did go in to the trap so likely adding to his spinal injury.
  14. GeorgeB

Sand/gravel traps are for when vehicles leave the track surface. What PittRace did was try to prevent it from even happening. Plus traps grab riders limbs and break them and why Wayne Rainy is in a wheelchair today. Plus bikes tend to flip easier in the traps.
  15. GeorgeB

I look at it as a another track I can add to my list of tracks I've done. So 40 so far and got 2 more to add next year.
  16. GeorgeB

I agree, its a tough call to say why but the speed difference was a lot and there isn't much track to work with at that speed. Watching the whole video there was quite a difference in speed in that group. Might be people that never rode there vs people that know it vert well, either way it sucks...
  17. GeorgeB

I'm sure its a work in progress too, Kinda like they moved the pitout line in turn 2 is now closer to rider left side of the track.
  18. GeorgeB

GSXR graphics

I know of 2 of them Chris at https://www.drippinwet.com/ Nathan at Design start 3 https://www.designstar3.com/
  19. GeorgeB

Trailer Tales

Wow, glad it all worked out for you.
  20. GeorgeB

Tire vendor/ July 24th njmp

It's not perfect but when I don't have access to balancer I use a 2 jack stands and a metal rod and balance the tires that way.