Search results

1. Rich

Insurance for track bikes?

Medical for sure is a bigger concern. Having just crashed a month ago, my bills are reaching the $20k mark and the larger shoulder surgery is a month away, not to mention rehab. Insurance has covered little so far (high deductible health plan) but thankfully I had a nice pile in my HSA. It’s...
  2. Rich

Video from Sunday Oct 16th CMP novice session #2

Mine is also a good ad for a good helmet: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0cdhxfptNnk0flV3ZtVU940qA -Rich
  3. Rich

@MK3Brent, I don’t remember the incident, so not sure what part of the turn the front let go. Pressures were set at 34 fr, 24 rear hot. After session 1 (all yellow) pressures were 28 fr 22 rear, so I was aware of temp loss. Back on warmers and they came back go 34, 24, but I lowered rear to...
  4. Rich

Yes sir, looking forward to ‘23! It’s backup bike mainly or when it’s wet. Replaced the older high mount exhaust for something more modern looking. The steel brake lines and sprung for my weight makes it a fun bike to track. https://share.icloud.com/photos/07dMXWrQ1BswvZE2n7GuLYd6w
  5. Rich

Dunlop slicks, medium front soft rear and STG single temp warmers. First two laps of session two were still yellow and quite slow, kept thinking to myself that I’m essentially on cold tires now. This was lap 3 as I recall and getting ready for some point to pass. Last I remember was passing...
  6. Rich

Thanks for checking @Ascent, I had acute concussion, broken left thumb, and separated right shoulder. Both require surgery (thumb completed Monday) but overall I feel good and optimistic about full recovery. 100% agree on the cold tires and likely I asked too much of the front, although I...
  7. Rich

Anyone capture video during novice session #2 at CMP from Sunday October 16th? I crashed in turn 6 and would like to learn more. Coaches and riders behind me were great to share what they saw, I just would like to see video if available. Thanks in advance, -Rich #200 2007 GSXR 750
  8. Rich

GoPro YouTube video question

I think this one you posted recently looks good. Aside from being dark in spots, it's not grainy like some of the road versions. What software are you testing?
  9. Rich

I know you said it looks good on laptop, but one thing that sticks out is the protune setting. From what I recall that records at a higher bitrate (good for quality, less compressed) but be sure you have a fast enough memory card to support that. Protune opens up advanced options, so you may...
  10. Rich

What software is used to add the data overlay? I notice on the second one you don't have it and it's much clearer. Not sure what model camera but in the first video it seems to have a hard time going from dark to light and back. Couple places along that ride you see it's clear and then pass...
  11. Rich

Do you have an example Brad? I looked at your most recent videos and they look clear to me and shows 1080p.
  12. Rich

Found GoPro at CMP

I think the woman's name is Kaitlin that was in the area where @Worm- and I were pitting. Recall her talking about losing a go pro during a morning session.
  13. Rich

Pictures from CMP 4/23/21

I recognize that R1 :) Also looking forward to the photos.
  14. Rich

WTB Novice spot for CMP Friday April 23, 2021

I have secured a spot for April 23, see you all at CMP!
  15. Rich

WTB Novice spot for CMP Friday April 23, 2021

Looking for a novice spot at CMP for Friday April 23 if there is anyone that is not able to attend.
  16. Rich

CMP 8/29-8/30

Agree with NickMac overall as I ran the Saturday Novice sessions and improved on my previous best by 11 seconds to a 1:57. The little milling section at the end of the carousel is something you can feel, but doesn't upset the bike or the drive off. Overall the new surface is awesome, just...
  17. Rich

New to N2 and Track Days...

Hi Chris, welcome and don't hesitate you will love it! As for size, I think I'm in that bigger dude category at 5' 11" and about 230 I went back and forth on the suit and settled on a one-piece after fighting with the waist zippers on the two-piece. Plus the suit now is dedicated to track days...
  18. Rich

Barber details Nov30-Dec01

Thank you Tom and Kappy, I appreciate the information and I'll continue my planning then to camp at the track Friday and Saturday night.
  19. Rich

Barber details Nov30-Dec01

Looking to attend the Barber event Nov30 - Dec01. I've been to the facility several times for the Vintage Festival, but this will be my first track day there. Just looking to get a sense of what is available in terms of garage rentals, camping, fuel, all that information that typically is...