Search results

1. J

What oil are you guys using?

Good point! I just tend to overthink EVERYTHING! I've gone down this rabbit hole before, and every time I end up coming out with my head spinning, lol! Anyway, thanks again!
  2. J

I think I'm going to try the Motul 300V in the track/street bike. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Thanks for sharing your change intervals, I was planning on changing it between 2-3K. Rotella seems very popular as well, and I'm sure it's a fine oil, I just don't feel comfortable...
  3. J

Yeah, I just changed the oil on my street bike and I decided to try the Mobil 1 4T. So far I've tried Amsoil, Motul 7100, and now Mobil 1 in that bike, and honestly, I can't tell the difference between any of them! I did send a sample out to be tested years ago when I was running the Amsoil. All...
  4. J

Just for the record, I'm not asking what is the best oil? I know from visiting other forums that question can be kinda dangerous, lol! And really impossible to answer without at least extensive testing and/or engine tear downs! I'm about to do an oil change on my R6, and would like to switch...
  5. J

Question about brake fluid

To clean the caliper/piston, are you just removing the caliper/pads and spraying everything down with brake cleaner, then just reassembling?
  6. J

Thanks for all the great advice! Looks like I’m going to try the Motul RBF 600. The Maxima has a slightly higher dry boil temp, and the Amsoil has a slightly higher wet boil temp. But the Motul has a TON of good reviews, so it seems most people are happy with it. The one thing I heard was that...
  7. J

I try to change my brake fluid every spring. Since I'm planning on taking my bike to the track this year, Ive been trying to decide if I should change to another brand. I've been running Amsoil for a couple of years, but have considered switching over to Maxima Racing fluid or the Motul rbf600...
  8. J

Questions about proper body position

Thank you for those links! I was planning on attending the ATP class, but never considered private training. After listening to several of Ken Hill’s podcasts, as was suggested, I realize there are several other things I should probably be working on before body position! Thanks everyone for...
  9. J

Just wanted to thank all of you for your excellent advice! I will set the bike up on stands so I can practice proper body position as you suggested, I just don't want to practice bad habits that I'll only have to try to break later on! I always thought the inside elbow was suppose to be lower...
  10. J

I've read just about every article and watched every video I could find on proper body position, but still have a couple of questions. This is what I got so far. Set up lower body well before turn in by sliding your butt back in the seat so theres about a fist width between your crotch and the...
  11. J

Opinions about airbag vests

I’m wondering if the price difference is the main reason the Helite isn’t more popular? I’m not sure what the deployment time is for the Hit-Air, but I remember reading somewhere the Helite was 0.07 seconds, claiming it was the fastest mechanically triggered system currently available.
  12. J

I like how Astars and Dainese are coming out with vests that can be worn with other manufacturers jackets/suits, I think that is definitely a step in the right direction! Now if they could only find a way for the customer to repack/rearm the airbag themselves, instead of having to send it back...
  13. J

Thanks for the link! Wish I'd have known about that sooner. I ended up picking up a Pilot suit a couple of months ago, since they offered larger off the rack suits than most of the other manufacturers I looked at. So if I want to add airbag protection now, it will need to be in the form of an...
  14. J

I looked into the Astars Tech Air system, unfortunately I don’t fit into any of their compatable suits. I believe you get two deployments with their smaller vests, but their largest vest fires both canisters in the event of a crash, which means I’d be sending it back to them, even in the event...
  15. J

Does the RS model have an airbag in the back of the vest to protect the spine? From the pictures I’ve seen I can’t really tell, but it looks like just the neck, chest, and maybe rib cage is protected.
  16. J

Just wondering if any of you guys have rode or crashed in an airbag vest, and what has been your experience? Do you think they're worth the investment? The AStars and Dainese systems look really nice, but I hate the fact you need to send them back to the manufacturer to be repacked after they've...
  17. J

Need help deciding on boots

Good point about them being made with synthetic leather, I forgot about that! I did try the larger size boots on with my leathers, and they did feel good! I was just concerned about the little bit of extra length. I just got the smaller boots last night, so I haven't had a chance to try them on...
  18. J

Need help deciding on boots

So I had to order two different sizes of the Supertechs, seems I'm right in between sizes. One size is a "little" bit too big length wise, the other size seems perfect in length but feels tighter width wise. For those of you guys that have these boots, can you tell me if they will stretch out...
  19. J

Should I upgrade my back protector?

The AStars Nucleon KR-3 is actually the back protector I was considering if you guys recommended more of a hard protector, as it seems like a combination of both hard and soft. But I think I'm just going to stick with my Forcefield protectors since you say they'll be fine for the track. The...
  20. J

Should I upgrade my back protector?

Yep! That's exactly what I tell people when I talk about going to the track, and they look at me like I'm insane! That it's actually a MUCH safer environment to ride in then on the street.