Search results

1. J

What oil are you guys using?

Just for the record, I'm not asking what is the best oil? I know from visiting other forums that question can be kinda dangerous, lol! And really impossible to answer without at least extensive testing and/or engine tear downs! I'm about to do an oil change on my R6, and would like to switch...
  2. J

Question about brake fluid

I try to change my brake fluid every spring. Since I'm planning on taking my bike to the track this year, Ive been trying to decide if I should change to another brand. I've been running Amsoil for a couple of years, but have considered switching over to Maxima Racing fluid or the Motul rbf600...
  3. J

Questions about proper body position

I've read just about every article and watched every video I could find on proper body position, but still have a couple of questions. This is what I got so far. Set up lower body well before turn in by sliding your butt back in the seat so theres about a fist width between your crotch and the...
  4. J

Opinions about airbag vests

Just wondering if any of you guys have rode or crashed in an airbag vest, and what has been your experience? Do you think they're worth the investment? The AStars and Dainese systems look really nice, but I hate the fact you need to send them back to the manufacturer to be repacked after they've...
  5. J

Should I upgrade my back protector?

Hey guys, I have another gear related question. I'm wondering if I should upgrade my back protector. I have a Forcefield Pro L2K Evo and a Pro Sub4. I feel very protected with these on the street, just not sure how well they'd perform on the track. Do you guys think these would be ok, or should...
  6. J

Will a Stahlbus oil drain valve pass tech?

Hi, I'm in the process of getting my bike ready for winter storage and had a question. The last thing I need to do is an oil change. I purchased a Stahlbus oil drain valve for the bike when I first bought it and just never got around to installing it. Now that I'm planning on tracking the bike...
  7. J

Need help deciding on boots

Hi guys, I really hope you don't mind all the gear related questions! I've just been trying to upgrade some of my street gear for gear that's more track focused! This way I'll be all ready for the start of next season. Because I'm really not sure what's good and what's not, I'm hoping you can...
  8. J

Glove recommendations

Hi, I’m looking to purchase a new pair of gloves for next track season and wanted to ask you guys for your advice. I’m been looking at the Held Titan Evos and the Racer High Speed gloves. I’ve also been considering a pair of Heroic gloves, but I’ve read some mixed reviews on them. Price really...
  9. J

Can you tell me about the ATP?

Hi, I was just wondering if someone could tell me about N2's Advanced training program? Is this program appropriate for a brand new track rider, that's never even been on a track before? Or should they have a least a couple track days under their belt before attending it? I would love to get my...
  10. J

How tight should a race suit fit?

Hi, I'm in the process of ordering my first one piece race suit. I decided to order a suit from Pilot because they offer their standard suits in bigger sizes than a lot of the other manufacturers, I'm 6'2 260lbs. So I ordered a size 52US. Pilot sent me out a sample suit to try on prior to...
  11. J

Questions about safety wiring.

I know it's not required to safety wire to run in the novice class, but I'd like to learn how to do it and safety wire the bike anyway, just for piece of mind, and because I don't want to be "that guy"! I've gathered all the supplies I'll need, including a drill press and one of those jigs to...
  12. J

Question about Engine Ice

I just read through the Riders Manual and saw that it said no Engine Ice. Can you tell me if that means that Engine Ice is not permitted when running in the advanced group only, or does it mean that Engine Ice is not permitted to be used in any group? Thanks
  13. J

What hand grips do you recommend?

Id like to change out the stock grips on my bike and was wondering what grips you'd recommend.
  14. J

Opinions about Pilot race suits.

Hi guys, I'm looking to purchase my first one piece race suit and was thinking about ordering a Pilot suit. I'm a slightly bigger than average guy and see that Pilot makes off the rack suits that go up to 54US, with the option of always ordering custom. Whereas most of the Euro suits such as...
  15. J

Can you recommend a good canopy?

Hi, I was wondering if someone could recommend a good canopy. After doing a little research, I see most people suggest avoiding the cheap ones and instead recommend going with a more expensive model. EZ Up seems to be one of the most popular brands, but after checking out their website, I'm a...
  16. J

Should a novice invest in tire warmers?

Hi, I'm planning on doing my very first track day this year and was wondering if you thought it would be a good idea to invest in a set of tire warmers beforehand. What got me thinking about this is recently watching a number of cold tire crashes on YouTube and reading some comments suggesting...