Search results

1. GTBrandon

Kudos to Vortex

That’s great as a company to value customer service! My question is still why they leaked in the first place. Good on them for promptly replacing the parts, but concerning they failed at all. How old was the gas cap?
  2. GTBrandon

Best SS Brake Lines

Very true haha, gotta love weighing in at 15% the weight of some cars
  3. GTBrandon

7/6 First Time - JMU Student

Might be a dumb question, but don't you only need one shim. Whatever the spec is for the motor, and then just make sure they're all the same adjustment. Or am I missing something here.
  4. GTBrandon

Best SS Brake Lines

Ended up having some Zilla cash laying around, so I got some Galfer front and rear lines. Double line from the MC. I've ran Motul600 in my cars and bikes for a while now, just because I've seen too many friends almost die from faulty brakes. Those friends were in cars with cages, that's the...
  5. GTBrandon

Best SS Brake Lines

Looking to upgrade front and rear brake lines to stainless steel. Have a 2005 R6, wondering if there’s a better brand out there. Also what’s the deal with smaller diameter brake lines? Also, does it make sense to upgrade anything else while I have the lines off? Sorry if this is the wrong...
  6. GTBrandon

I’ve done it on BMW’s a ton, but they were back in the days of when an engine bay had all the room in the world. Not sure if it’s worth doing given such a tight space. If I get a shop to do this, are there any other items it makes sense to have them do while it’s there? I’m fairly mechanically...
  7. GTBrandon

Also, I have noticed recently a sort of ticking coming from the bike after it gets hot. Seems to go with engine rpm speed, as if maybe the valves need adjusting? Currently at 16k, not sure if it's worth doing yet or if that's even the issue. Any ideas on what that might be? Also while I'm in...
  8. GTBrandon

Just wanted to say that this was an awesome experience being out at an N2 event. Definitely caught the bug to keep coming back. I came from taking cars on track with NASA-MA, but took a break to have less cars and more motorcycles in college. I have a 05 R6 with a GPR V1 and some cheap...