Search results

1. CaseyAlbert

NEW LEATHER SUIT

I have an Alpinestars "Tech Air 5," the precursor to the "7," I believe. It is a "race" only vest. It comes with two charge canisters installed. Unfortunately, I have experienced it's qualities in both an "inflation" event, and a non "inflation event. Both, at PittRace, one of my two...
  2. CaseyAlbert

2011 zx6r coolant leak I NEED Help

BMW S1000RR with plastic reservoir and rubber cap. I had a slight leak that showed no apparent source, but the pink residue and a slowly decreasing reservoir kept me looking. It turned out to be the cap on the reservoir. I put a dab of silicone grease on the rubber cap, and no more leaking.
  3. CaseyAlbert

16' Enclosed Trailer Build Ideas

Your plywood walls appear a TON more structural than the flimsy wall covering in the aluminum trailer I have.
  4. CaseyAlbert

Looking forward to it! Many Thanks!
  5. CaseyAlbert

Sorry to mislead you. The wall studs are aluminum, and the wall sheathing looks to be ⅛" or a little less thickness plywood or some other lightweight and not very strong material. I plan to pull a panel just to see what it really is. The ceiling doesn't have any covering. If you happen to get...
  6. CaseyAlbert

Perfect timing for a "trailer build idea" thread! I recently picked up an all aluminum 8.5 x 16 CargoPro(Stealth) car hauler. I did install the Pit Bulls to go to Barber, then failed to take our rain tires...... I added plywood under the floor, and plan to redo with Pit Bull plates...
  7. CaseyAlbert

Need bike transport Annapolis to Homestead

Hi Matt. I might be going,,, from Annadale, VA. I still have some planning to do, but feel free to contact me!
  8. CaseyAlbert

2017 BMW S1000RR "Clip-On" question...

Gotchya! Thanks for the info. I already ordered a "new" oem set on ebay. I think I will get some aftermarket clip-ons over the winter. Any recommendations are most welcome. Last year, I had a problem with my engine cutting out for no apparent reason.... Long story short; bought a GS-911...
  9. CaseyAlbert

Nothing bruised but my ego! Took a beating, and a few parts....
  10. CaseyAlbert

Lapse in judgement, but the sequence of pics Michael got of me are "PRICELESS!"
  11. CaseyAlbert

Thank you sir! On the BMW, I have to drill through the entire bar. I'm replacing with OEM this time..... I need a drill press and will get to it after Barber in November!
  12. CaseyAlbert

Advanced Group Coolants

During "tech" past weekend, we were discussing coolant. I am using Maxima Cool-Aide Racing Coolant. I was pretty sure, and have confirmed that it is now 100% glycol free. Here is the link to their product on STG. https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/maxima-cool-aide-racing-coolant/
  13. CaseyAlbert

Due to a lapse in judgement, I am looking to replace my OEM handlebars with "clip-on" bars. Does anyone know if the aftermarket clip-ons will come with "pre-drilled" holes that secure both the OEM throttle/switch assembly on the right, and the OEM combination switch assembly on the left? I saw...
  14. CaseyAlbert

PittRace "Red Flags" and the kink, questions?

Then that chicane just might not be the answer.....
  15. CaseyAlbert

PittRace "Red Flags" and the kink, questions?

I also made a pass beyond T15 on that "nasty" day after thinking I was going to get it done earlier.... I chastised myself and left the track for the remainder of that session. Cameras, expulsion, flogging, etc I don't believe are the answers. We all "know" we are not racing, but we all know...
  16. CaseyAlbert

How to find the best rear set location?

Makes no sense whatsoever! I guess they just don't want a thief to get hurt should they decide to steal your bike.....
  17. CaseyAlbert

I just looked at your photo. I think I might have adjusted the "travel rods" that extend from the "quick shifter" actuator. I don't think I would change the position of the actuator shaft on the splines....... On second thought, I just went and looked at my bike. It appears that the shifting...
  18. CaseyAlbert

My bike is a 2017, so your RR might be different. Right out of the Rider Manual. I don't recall, but it appears that there was no adjustment necessary. I am only speaking of the RR, no knowledge of the XR. Hope this helps.
  19. CaseyAlbert

It will take a little brain adjustment, but, the ECU will help you!
  20. CaseyAlbert

Very easy to switch to GP. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! That could very well be your issue. I don't really think it is the location of the shifter or your boot. I always thought I had to have my foot exactly "there" to up shift, and only this past weekend realized that just wasn't true.....:)