Search results

1. CaseyAlbert

2017 BMW S1000RR "Clip-On" question...

Due to a lapse in judgement, I am looking to replace my OEM handlebars with "clip-on" bars. Does anyone know if the aftermarket clip-ons will come with "pre-drilled" holes that secure both the OEM throttle/switch assembly on the right, and the OEM combination switch assembly on the left? I saw...
  2. CaseyAlbert

To BAIL or NOT TO BAIL, and is there a best method?

During the ”KINK” incident day at PittRace several weeks ago, we began discussing semi-controlled EXIT strategies in more detail. Always look where you want the bike to go. If you have time, front brake, downshift, rear brake. If you exit at high speed(which varies depending on the barriers...
  3. CaseyAlbert

BRAKE FAILURE.....Have you experienced one?

If you have experienced or know of someone that has experienced brake failure, please post a comment so that others might learn. I spoke with one "expert rider" guy recently that told me how his front locked up. Searching for the cause, he found that his reservoir had too much fluid, which...
  4. CaseyAlbert

SpeedBleeders?

Do you use "SpeedBleeders" on your bike? I bought some and just want to hear from people that have already tried them.....
  5. CaseyAlbert

Wanted, 4 additional buyers for KustomCockpits tank extender for 14-19 BMWS1000RR

I spoke to the guys as I would like to get a tank extender for my 2017 RR(K46). If there are 4 additional buyers for this model, they will move more quickly to get a tank scanned. Please take a look at their site, https://kustomcockpits.com/. If interested, pleade put a note here and contact...
  6. CaseyAlbert

Dave Moss of “Dave Moss Tuning” illness

Many of you likely know of Dave Moss of “Dave Moss Tuning,” a guy that I consider a tire and suspension guru. Earlier this year I was trying to get Dave to attend a weekend at PittRace with N2. He informed me that he just wasn’t feeling up to par to make the journey. Recently he informed me...
  7. CaseyAlbert

PittRace "Red Flags" and the kink, questions?

On my way home I was on the phone chatting with my son and saying how I was glad "Mom" didn't attend this weekends "Red Flag" outing. On a very serious note, my heart goes out to all that might have gone home injured and I heard a rumor that one of our comrades was severely injured..... Very...
  8. CaseyAlbert

PittRace Saturday May 13, rain report.

About noon on Saturday as the drizzling rain continued, one of my track buddies said he had just purchased a set of used rain tires from Quentin and was going out to play. I had a set of used ”rains” that Brad(CR BMART) had graciously given me a few months ago in Charlotte. I strolled down to...
  9. CaseyAlbert

Lookin' for CR "TOM ?" who was chatting with me and my 18 year old dog at Summit on the 1st of May?

If you see this Tom, please contact me. I have a couple questions for you.
  10. CaseyAlbert

Assorted…2017 ZX-10R, Monster Fairings…

We have some new and some old OEM style Monster Fairing components. New left and right side panels with black trim pieces, new under seat trim, new front fender. once abused left and right side panels. I would like to send them to someone that can use them. I might have a couple other parts...
  11. CaseyAlbert

2017 BMW S1000RR w/stock Sachs 46mm ZF forks, tool questions...

As I like learning new things, I decided to tear into the forks on my bike. I picked up a spring compressor tool and took care of stage 1, but would like to remove the cartridges to clean the innards out as much as possible. Does anybody have an idea of exactly what tool I need to hold the...
  12. CaseyAlbert

Leather repair ?

Trying to find the contact information for the leather repair person that attends N2 events at PuttRace. Thank you and wishing all a very Happy and safe New Year!