Search results

1. rk97

Recommended starting bike

What you should start on depends on your goals and budget. lower-powered bikes force you to work a lot harder to make class-legal passes. That can be frustrating, but it does make you learn. If truly improving your skills as a rider are the top priority, then an SV650 with cartridge...
  2. rk97

CSS vs YCRS

a couple of other people have hit upon this point, but I think you get a better value from track days initially. I'm not saying the schools won't do an excellent job of teaching a rider who is new to the track, but that's kind of like paying a brain surgeon to do a simple blood draw... You...
  3. rk97

Hi, I'm Huey. And I'm a raceaholic.

I'd have to dig into my pile of back-issues to note exactly which one, but Road Racing World published a great shop write-up on Huey and Marietta Motorsports within the last couple of years.
  4. rk97

New organization

Man... lots of pokes at Bob. I have never met Bob B., nor am I privy to the "behind the scenes" events that culminated in the current state of affairs, but my sense is that most of the people doling out criticism would have to admit the same. Sad to see that the club's founder is now the...
  5. rk97

Meet the new N2 logo

did anyone consult the "NESBA SUCKS!" trailer guy? :-P
  6. rk97

2010 Factory RSV4

are the headlights decals, or painted on?
  7. rk97

Just wondering, how did everyone come up with their bike#?

originally, my bike was #80 because Kellen Winslow Jr. was #80 on the Browns, and had crashed out of his rookie season trying to wheelie in a parking lot. Add the Browns paint scheme, and the joke was anything but subtle to Browns fans. I went with 80 until I sold my F2, bought my 600RR, got...
  8. rk97

The 2013-2014 offseason

I have only done one endurance race, but it was an awesome experience. Definitely worth training for. My concern was that I would get tired after 10 laps of hard riding, and slowly fall off my normal pace. What actually happened was that I fell into a pretty good rhythm and set personal bests...
  9. rk97

New Member With a Few Observations

(the forum is making me post something outside the quote box)
  10. rk97

Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC

How are you guys formulating such strong opinions on who was at fault without knowing what happened before the video clip begins? I'm in agreement that the riders shouldn't have approached the vehicle or tried to box it in, but for all we know the Rover driver did something highly illegal that...
  11. rk97

which bike for track days

PM sent. Long drive, but for the right price, I could make the trip before the end of the month.
  12. rk97

06 Suzuki DRZ 125 Mini Motard/ pit bike

Don, post this on the NJ Mini GP site. They number their classes backward compared to what I'm used to, but I think this would be a decent Formula 3 machine with the right gearing.
  13. rk97

which bike for track days

Where are you located? If it has a title, I can ensure you make a tidy profit on that SV and make your track decision easier �� I tracked an F2 for a season before selling it (wedding) and eventually buying a 600RR. I wish I had never sold the F2. It was cheap, fast, and...
  14. rk97

Unfortunate news from Beaverun.

I didn't realize surgery was today. I'm gonna go text you now and hopefully catch you before the anesthesia is completely worn off... :D
  15. rk97

02 gsxr 750 $2200

He mentioned the title status in the first post. Manufacturer certificate of origin, and bill-of-sale only. Can't be registered for the street unless you're planning to replace the frame. I presume that makes the wiring harness question irrelevant.
  16. rk97

BeaveRun dates

My 'big' bike is sold, but I am going to try to ride the kart track Saturday, and hang out saturday night. Maybe terrorize the pits on the XR100 :D (in a safe manner, of course)
  17. rk97

Legal Advice Needed: Incident on way to NJMP

Is the other driver suing, or is this a summons for the other driver's criminal citation? I wasn't under the impression the OP was a party to the case. I was under the impression that he was being summoned as a witness. (PS, to the OP, you have a PM from me, but as I said, I worked in felony...
  18. rk97

Legal Advice Needed: Incident on way to NJMP

Witnesses can't file for a continuance. Only parties. They are also not entitled to discovery.
  19. rk97

Shifting Question

on a 600, stock gearing might be necessary for Summit's front straight. I generally agree 100% with the philosophy here (change gearing to move shift points around the turns), but I'd wait until you're pretty quick (fast "I" pace, if not solidly in "A") to start messing with things. Where the...
  20. rk97

FS 2003 600RR - $3100 negotiable

still available. email me radakchr (at) yahoo.com for quickest response and for additional pictures.