Search results

1. Otto Man

Thank you N2!

When it clicks, it clicks! Congrats!
  2. Otto Man

Metzeler TD Slick Availability

Not sure how much difference there is between the Metzeler TD and the Pirelli SC3 to be honest. Good to see the addiction has sunk its claws into you...slicks meaning you get to deal with stands and tire warmers each session, power needs, generator if need be...soon enough you'll reminisce on...
  3. Otto Man

Metzeler TD Slick Availability

This is the better, more 'scientific' approach to tire and grip selection. Without going too far off topic from what the OP was inquiring about, it's important to use lap times as the metric instead of something subjective such as "advanced group" or "my fast buddy uses them". I'd agree with the...
  4. Otto Man

01' CBR600F4i track prep, now no start issue

You sure it's not accidently in gear, or you cut the clutch switch wires?
  5. Otto Man

Novice to Intermediate Question

Pace varies with all orgs, and sometimes within the same org on different weekends. Just how it goes sometimes. I've had some pretty fast days in Intermediate group and some days I thought "Is this Intermediate or Novice?!" I had a 1299S for a bit, and that thing would launch out of a corner...
  6. Otto Man

Novice to Intermediate Question

A topic as old as the day of the very first track day with different skill groups...here we go :rofl: Advanced group is like doing calculus, intermediate is doing algebra, and novice group is doing simple addition/subtraction. If you can't add or subtract, you really don't have any business...
  7. Otto Man

R9 in 2025

I don't believe anything you say until after you've shotgunned a few TT's
  8. Otto Man

R9 in 2025

Something to be said when the best they can do is compare 2024 "technology" to the 2006 R6. Sure, the 08+ saw minor changes with the air box and front end, but the platform was/is largely the same.
  9. Otto Man

R9 in 2025

Doubt it's going to be anything more than a MT-09 with fairings. I don't see Yamaha putting a lot of $ into a whole new chassis development. I'd imagine they'll keep producing the R1...for now. I feel I was born like 15 years too late, and we've already experienced the best the motorcycle...
  10. Otto Man

Ready for 2024!!

I'm surprised that video got as many views as it has...I decided to do that voice over after a couple of stiff drinks one night :rofl: I need to do another video and discuss how "little things become big things" If you're hovering around the 2:00 mark, you're doing most of the big things right...
  11. Otto Man

Define "Squid"

Squid is anyone slower than me on track...anyone faster is known simply as a Cheater :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: But yes to the above comments. Prior squid here
  12. Otto Man

N2 2024 SCHEDULE- Packages and Memberships are on sale!

Agreed! Definitely one of my favorite tracks. Love that I live so close to it on top of that.
  13. Otto Man

N2 2024 SCHEDULE- Packages and Memberships are on sale!

Summit isn't filled/sold out. Guessing there's some kind of contract/agreement or something between Summit and N2 that needs a John Hancock before we can register.
  14. Otto Man

Best solution for two sports bikes in truck bed?

I've had a truck for 12 years and have hauled a number of bikes in the beds. As much as it's nice to not have to use a trailer, I admit that even using a small landscaping trailer or the like in combo with the truck is the way to go. The trailer deck is far lower, making it way easier to load...
  15. Otto Man

Had an oopsee and looking for feedback.

I had a friend almost high side a bike he bought. It was high 30's, low 40's maybe. Just wanted to ride it around in the parking lot before taking it home. Pirelli slick tire with only 20-25PSI in it or so. Didn't even let the clutch all the way out on his R6 with minimal throttle (maybe...
  16. Otto Man

Had an oopsee and looking for feedback.

Cold tire crash through and through. It's no joke. I know you mentioned your YCRS experience, but there's a reason they harp on it so much. Nobody in the world, not even MotoGP riders, can save a cold tire crash. Zero warning and it's an instant loss of traction.
  17. Otto Man

Grand Design Momentum G 21G toy hauler for bikes?

You need to look at the GVWR of any toy hauler/trailer. Empty weight numbers for a RV are useless as it tells you nothing, unless you intend to load up for the track weekend with no bikes, gear, tools, spares, gas, water, food, or literally anything. Some of the empty weights on RV's don't even...
  18. Otto Man

16' Enclosed Trailer Build Ideas

Some of that has to be the unit itself. My Work and Play toy hauler is almost 30' long and only has a 13.5k btu unit and hasn't had a problem keeping it cool. A 15k BTU should be extreme overkill for a space as small as a van.
  19. Otto Man

Insulation helps for sure but man it's a very time and labor intensive job. If you're ordering a new trailer, it makes sense to order it with insulation for the build. So much easier to do that when there's no walls in the trailer. If buying used, as most of us do...it's a labor of love...
  20. Otto Man

Yes. You can source some of the square tubing (I believe it's 1"x1" for most standard trailers) and weld it in as needed, usually a 14x14 opening. Most rooftop AC units are heavy and in the neighborhood of 100lbs or so. Definitely want some bracing in there. Might as well go big as well and get...