Search results

1. NCDave

Pucks

perhaps Fred Flintstone could do it. :)
  2. NCDave

Pucks

I don't disagree with you at all. Since I haven't officially completed an entire year of track riding yet, I still consider myself a newb, even though I ride "I". All the things they teach in the classes is far more beneficial. What I try to keep in mind though, especially with someone new...
  3. NCDave

Pucks

I 100% agree with you....but....when newb's first hit the track, one of the first things we all get a kick out of is doing it the first time. I've learned that there's FAR more to skilled riding than that, but I still remember the feeling of doing it for the first time. It's just part of what...
  4. NCDave

Pucks

good point...I dragged my knee at my first track day. I'm NOT fast, either. Practice your form of getting your butt and head leaning off of the bike, and good tires that you trust. You can do it!
  5. NCDave

Tire pressure help needed

Well, I'm a newb to all the track stuff, so just learning and absorbing. I understood the blueing to be a sign of fatigue due to heat cycles. I always give my tires about 2 laps to warm up before I start getting aggressive on them. I really like how the grip is on them though. Very...
  6. NCDave

Pucks

For those of you with some experience on the track, what is the difference between brands of pucks? As an average track-day-only rider, is there really a reason not to just get whatever cheap I can find online?
  7. NCDave

New from Charlotte, NC

Welcome Shawn. I'll be at Road Atlanta on Saturday. I just started last year too, but I didn't ride nearly as many days as you. You definitely have an illness! :D
  8. NCDave

Tire pressure help needed

I ran 120/180s at Roebling last month. I used 30 front and 24 rear cold pressures. Seemed to work ok. I didn't use warmers for either and the Race looks blue on the edges from the heat cycles after just one day of sessions. Since I don't use warmers, I won't run the Race again. I'll...
  9. NCDave

CMP record ?

I can only HOPE to do 1:45s.
  10. NCDave

CMP record ?

Yeah...I was just off his back wheel too. :p
  11. NCDave

Thank you NESBA

+1!!!!
  12. NCDave

Spies and Edwards on a Man-cation

they weren't wearing their seatbelts. :eek:
  13. NCDave

Sportbiketrackgear

Oooo....I hope your going to Atlanta next week! :cheers:
  14. NCDave

Sportbiketrackgear

...and by the way, Brian did send me a note and we had a very pleasant conversation about it. :)
  15. NCDave

Sportbiketrackgear

I gotta agree with Maiden too. As a newb to NESBA, comments like that don't do anything to make me want to stick with your organization. A polite correction, or perhaps even an off-line PM would have been much more productive to clear things up.
  16. NCDave

Sportbiketrackgear

As Artie Johnson would say..."veeeeely intelestink" :p
  17. NCDave

Sportbiketrackgear

It's my understanding that there's no corporate affiliation between the two. Is that not correct?
  18. NCDave

Cabin or House in the Mountains

I'd suggest the Maggie Valley area west of Asheville. It's touristy, so there should be plenty of places to rent, but it's also centrally located to very good riding. If you want to get further away from things, consider Natahala area. Not far from Deals Gap, Cherahola, and accessable to N...
  19. NCDave

Chain Rusty...what to do?

Huh??? :wow: